In the market for a new mouse

FreakingHell

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Sep 1, 2008
Messages
2,181
My Deathadder (which I loved) broke. However, I do not think the Deathadder is still the mouse for me. I now play MMO's and take my RTS's more seriously, so only 2 extra buttons won't quite cut it anymore. I'm right handed, and would prefer a right handed mouse as I find them more comfortable, but I am still willing to consider ambidextrous mouses. I do want at least 1800 DPI as FPS games are still important. I want a fair number of extra buttons. I find weights completely ridiculous; I've never had the desire to change the weight of my mouse. That doesn't mean I won't by a mouse with adjustable weights, but don't recommend one cause of that.

I suppose that about covers it..if you have any other questions, shoot. Recommend away!
 
Try the Razer Naga, since you said you play MMO's it has 17 buttons for it.
 
Yeah, I saw that. My concern is that the shape is kind of odd, so it may be a little awkward. And that the buttons may just get in the way when I'm playing FPS's. Might be a few too many buttons lol.

But it is definitely a consideration. If anybody here has it I would like your opinions. :)
 
Saitek R.A.T 7

^
I own this mouse. Flipping awesome for shooters. It doesn't have the ridiculous amount of buttons that the Naga has, but honestly you can do all that with pretty much any Logitech/Razer keyboard to begin with, and in a much less awkward place to try to reach to and click/press in the middle of combat. Maybe it's because I haven't tried it, but the Naga seems mildly impractical.
 
That Saitek is the weirdest looking mouse I've ever seen. No way I'm buying that unless I find a way to try it first lol

And the G9X doesn't look like anything more special than my Deathadder. Looks like it's still just the 2 extra thumb buttons (not counting the DPI switching buttons).
 
Last edited:
Now then, you may all be like RAZER and stuff, but everyone forgets the best mouse in the world.
Roccat Kone+ 6000DPI, with lighting system. It also comes with Roccat Easyshift to duplicate all the mouse buttons to give it more buttons than the Naga with just the press of a single button. It's also cheaper than a lot of the other mice.
Those blue lines are generated by multicolour LEDs which you can customise to whatever color you wish.
It's an ergonomic hybrid shape which makes it comfortable whatever way you hold the mouse. It does come with a weight system but I don't think you care much about that. It has VOICE FEEDBACK so it tells you which DPI settting or profile you're using over your speakers/headphones and the driver system has macro presets for many popular games.
31gnHl9MIRL.jpg
 
Last edited:
I was about to make a post just like this because I'm also looking to buy a gaming mouse but not will to spend more than $75 for one. I want at least 5 buttons because I mainly play fps.
 
That Saitek is the weirdest looking mouse I've ever seen. No way I'm buying that unless I find a way to try it first lol

And the G9X doesn't look like anything more special than my Deathadder. Looks like it's still just the 2 extra thumb buttons (not counting the DPI switching buttons).

It feels awesome, and you can customize it to the shape of your hand.

You should really try to find one that you can try.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top