CS:S Crashing.

[HoneyChicken]

Forum Fiend
Joined
Feb 27, 2010
Messages
704
Recently, my CS:S has kept on randomly crashing after about 15 minutes of gameplay, sometimes more, sometimes less. I have defragged, verified the integrity of the game cache, updated my drivers, and I don't know what else to try. It's becoming really annoying when I just want to play Jail and I randomly crash mid way through rebelling or something similar... :|
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
 
Do you geta message like "hl2.exe has stopped working? or just back to the desktop?
If you cant find a fix Try uninstalling it, and delete the steam files. Then re-installing the game.

-Ghost
 
Yes, I got exactly that. "hl2.exe has stopped working", then back to the desktop.
I'll try that now, or in the near future.
 
Did you try deleting the clientregistry.blob file in the CS:S folder? Seems to work for everything else.
 
This should probably help you: Steam Support
If not, i suggest you delete CS:S and then re-download it.
(I also suggest making backups of your maps and such)
 
I deleted my Cstrike folder, and that seemed to work. Played Highschool for about 50 minutes without crashing, I think it's good now. Thanks!
 
I guess you've installed something recently that might be running as a background process.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top