Two 5970's vs One 5970

SoldierX77

Thread Junky
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
805
If I use two 5970's instead of one in crossfire, will I get better results, or should I return it and get some more money for something else? I have a 1200w power supply, so I'm pretty sure that it can handle both.
 
Quad-fire doesn't scale that well at all.

Your best bet would be to go tri-fire which is okay, still not amazing. 5970+5870

Or if you want, sell it and get 580's in SLI?
 
Well I got these for free, and anything from AMD I can get for free, so I'd prefer not buying something else.
 
I can get for free

So why not get another 5970, sell that and win both ways? :drool:


I would just stay with one. By the time games will scale properly to work with two, newer and faster stuff will be out. I'd take the money and buy a big monitor.
 
My dad works for Seagate so he got 'em there, and I do need a new monitor.. Gonna try for a 1900x1080 :o
 
Hell, I'll give you $200 for a 5970. I would love to have some Tri-fire action on my system. :laugh:
 
Last edited:
Lol, so it still benefits, but not much.. Ok.

Would it make more sense to just get a bigger monitor since the once I'm going to use is junk? Anndd I can get my Turtle Beach HPA2. :D

Not to mention after a few months when the 6970's come out, I'm going to get my dad to get me one of 'em. :P
 
Lol, so it still benefits, but not much.. Ok.

Would it make more sense to just get a bigger monitor since the once I'm going to use is junk? Anndd I can get my Turtle Beach HPA2. :D

Not to mention after a few months when the 6970's come out, I'm going to get my dad to get me one of 'em. :P

a 5970 is faster than a 6970.

if you had 3x6970s, then it would be faster than your 2 5970s


and yes, you should get a better monitor. no less than 1080p
 
6970's are out, i think he means 6990, the next dual chip which should come out soon Q1.

I mean hell, if you can get two 5970's for free then go ahead. Im sure there must be a limit of how many cards your dad can get, i don't think he can just keep getting you cards like this. A 5970 then a 6990 when it comes out? I feel like he could get in trouble or something but still im jealous :P

Get me a 6990 when it comes out and i'll pay you for it :)
 
Free cards for everyone? :D

I kid, but if you could give discounts to people that would rock :o
 

Latest posts

Back
Top