Sandy Bridge: Who's buyin'?

I'm still planning a second computer to separate work and play but that's been pushed down the road until probably this summer. As to whether I'm going to go with Sandy Bridge depends on the kind of difference it's going to make in all the AutoDesk and Adobe products I use everyday. Looking forward to seeing some real world numbers, if it can scream through Revit and 3Ds Max renderings then it might very well be in the cards, otherwise I'm thinking LGA1366 of some sort.

From what I've seen so far, they seem to be a real improvement over what we have now. It will definitely be better in AutoDesk and Adobe products. They're so much better with multithreaded apps. The i5 2500/k Cinebench scores are equivalent to an i7 950. That's impressive. 4C/4T vs 4C/8T and the 4C/4T wins? Impressive.
 
Nope. I just play games, my rig is holding up just fine, games are getting so consolized the graphics aren't advancing at a fast enough rate for me to need to buy new hardware. Will be waiting for the gen in 2012.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top