- Joined
- Jun 3, 2010
- Messages
- 563
Hey all.
I read somewhere that ripping dvds to your laptop would keep it running longer when just on the battery, as it doesn't spin the optical drive... so now I'm trying to rip a couple of dvds to my hard drive.
I'm having some trouble setting it up though, can someone help? I'm using Handbrake 0.9.5, released within the past week.
I choose the cd drive as the source, and it scans the titles and all, and finds the long first title. Then I go to adjust some picture settings, etc and I hit preview. Sometimes I can get some video, sometimes just a blank black screen. I can get audio, but it cuts out just as much as it cuts in - I'd say on for one second and off for one second (literal seconds.)
When I get some video, it's horribly artifacted. I'd give a screenie but now I can't get any video at all... just the horrible audio.
Does anyone have experience with Handbrake, and could you help me out? I'm running vista by the way.
Thanks!
Pwnt
I read somewhere that ripping dvds to your laptop would keep it running longer when just on the battery, as it doesn't spin the optical drive... so now I'm trying to rip a couple of dvds to my hard drive.
I'm having some trouble setting it up though, can someone help? I'm using Handbrake 0.9.5, released within the past week.
I choose the cd drive as the source, and it scans the titles and all, and finds the long first title. Then I go to adjust some picture settings, etc and I hit preview. Sometimes I can get some video, sometimes just a blank black screen. I can get audio, but it cuts out just as much as it cuts in - I'd say on for one second and off for one second (literal seconds.)
When I get some video, it's horribly artifacted. I'd give a screenie but now I can't get any video at all... just the horrible audio.
Does anyone have experience with Handbrake, and could you help me out? I'm running vista by the way.
Thanks!
Pwnt














. As to free, look for DVDDecrypter (might be two words). Haven't used it in a LONG time, but used to do my ripping with it- and if I recall correctly, it was/should be free.

