I'm in dire need of a Linux guru, because I haven't been able to find the answer to this problem...
I use the caps lock key to type instead of shift. It's muscle memory and I can't train myself to use shift, but I'm pretty fast with caps lock. However, with any distribution of Linux the caps lock seems slow. When I'm typing fast enough I will get something like THis. Is there any reason for the caps lock key to be slow to react, and is there any way to make it perform better? I don't have this problem in either Windows or Mac OS X, and it's a real deal-breaker for me.
I'm currently using UBuntu 10.10
I use the caps lock key to type instead of shift. It's muscle memory and I can't train myself to use shift, but I'm pretty fast with caps lock. However, with any distribution of Linux the caps lock seems slow. When I'm typing fast enough I will get something like THis. Is there any reason for the caps lock key to be slow to react, and is there any way to make it perform better? I don't have this problem in either Windows or Mac OS X, and it's a real deal-breaker for me.
I'm currently using UBuntu 10.10










