Eyefinity

SoldierX77

Thread Junky
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
805
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desk...d-5970/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-5970-overview.aspx

Currently I have one of those in my computer, and I have a second, but not sure if I should use it.

I was wondering if these worked with Eyefinity since my dad can get me some monitors for free.

Would it help to have both of the GPU's in or just one. I've read some places people get around 5-10 fps with 3 monitors and two 5970's.

Any thoughts?
 
I'd say yes test it out and see how you like it, And you can always take it out if you don't think it's doing much for you.

When i had my SLI 7900GT it was way better in FPS, So perhaps you will have the same effect.
 
Try it. If you don't like it, send me the extra card. :biggrin:
 
I say yes to eyefinity and yes to using 2 cards (if your PSU can handle it).

The FPS drop you speak of is probably due more to CPU bottle necks than to the 5970s (which 1 should kill eyefinity)
 
eyefinity + quadife= MAJOR DRIVER ISSUES

I would not advise using both 5970s with eyefinity
 
You should have plenty of power with a single card. I run a single 5870 at 6048x1080. (3x 1920x1080 with bezel correction). Source games are not demanding, neither is CoD. Metro 2033 and Crysis I scale back to a single monitor, everything else that supports it runs fine in eyefinity. I have some screenshots up here:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bl4ckH4wk/screenshots/

I need to map the screenshot button to an easier to access key, but here is a generic shot I took to show you.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578913912894762029/BD9726431AA18D70E2C2CFD0C0AE9072BAFE19AB/
 
Last edited:
Wow. Edit that post. That screenshot is way too big. Just post a link.
 
Since you already have both, i would test both out and see if using a single 5970 gets your better performance or two 5970's.

But i have a gut feeling that 5970's in crossfire PLUS eyefinity is gonna yield some big driver issues.

Tri-fire would've been much better with just a 5970 + 5870.
 
Back
Top