- Joined
- Sep 28, 2008
- Messages
- 1,610
I am so confused. I get so many different answers that I don't know which is up or down anymore.
My question is about RAID 0.
I want to get two Velocity Raptors which are SATA III and are 600 gb each.
So, in a RAID 0 configuration, do I have 1.2 terrabytes of storage or only just 600 gb of storage?
Some people say that a RAID 0's performance is minimal and others say the performance is greatly increased.
I don't care about safety and I know that if one drive fails in a RAID 0, I will lose all my information. I don't care.
All I want to know is if I put two 600 gb drives together in a RAID 0 configuration, will my storage capacity be increased to 1.2 terrabytes or will I only have 600 gb of storage capacity.
I understand the stripping of the memory blocks in a RAID 0 configuration.
What is your opinion on my question.
My question is about RAID 0.
I want to get two Velocity Raptors which are SATA III and are 600 gb each.
So, in a RAID 0 configuration, do I have 1.2 terrabytes of storage or only just 600 gb of storage?
Some people say that a RAID 0's performance is minimal and others say the performance is greatly increased.
I don't care about safety and I know that if one drive fails in a RAID 0, I will lose all my information. I don't care.
All I want to know is if I put two 600 gb drives together in a RAID 0 configuration, will my storage capacity be increased to 1.2 terrabytes or will I only have 600 gb of storage capacity.
I understand the stripping of the memory blocks in a RAID 0 configuration.
What is your opinion on my question.
















