Microphone Problem

SoldierX77

Thread Junky
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
805
For whatever reason my microphone doesn't work on this new computer. I'm using a Turtle Beach X1 which is a discontinued Xbox mic. But it worked on my old computer, and I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work on this one. I have Realtek HD Audio Manager installed, and when I go to my Sound properties, it doesn't show I have a microphone plugged in. I can still hear from the headphones though. Any ideas?

Thanks.
 
can u tell me your OS ? If u have problems with vent, it could be because u have a mac. Otherwise, check your wire for gabs or try "blowing" the dust out of the connecters.
 
Go to sound (in windows), recording, right click and click "show disabled devices". See if it's there. If not, check your connections.
 
Last edited:
I'm on Windows 7 x64

And when I'm in the recording options, it has the microphone, but it says it's not plugged in, I tried blowing out any dust in there, and still nothing.
 
What was the operating system the discontinued mic worked on?
 
Do you have all cabled plugged in? There should be a USB and two 3.5mm cords (red and green).
 
I had the nearly the same problem with my new headset. I had an old SB Live! card. Windows 7 tends to not play so nicely with these cards. I had to download the kX audio drivers and do some extra fiddling with the settings to even get my computer speakers to work.

Anyway, I solved the problem by getting a new sound card. I got [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MSS6CS/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000IZ96LQ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1QN6KJ226EK2AX0Y01PJ"]this[/ame] very well-priced USB sound card and immediately upon using it Windows recognized the microphone and headphones. Hope this helps!
 
I might end up having to buy that RBrandon, but I would prefer to not pay, anyone else got any suggestions?

And yes I have all the cables plugged in, the USB, pink, and green are in the correct spots.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top