Razer Mako + PS3

Blue Stealth

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jun 21, 2008
Messages
6,201
As you might have guessed from the title I am trying to hook my mako speakers up to my ps3. Right now I have an hp computer monitor connected to my ps3 for video and audio via HDMI. The speakers in my monitor don't go high enough in volume and the quality is so so.

My question is, what cable(s) do I need to buy to hook my mako speakers up to my ps3.

9714-img7388s.jpg

Back of Speakers

ps3_back.jpg

Back of ps3

Thanks a lot,
Blue
 
Going from the back of the speakers, I say all you need is a default AV outlet for the PS3, same as how I have mine set up.

Current PS3 Set up:
Visual: HDMI.
Audio: AV Multi Out.

The reason why I don't do audio in HDMI is because my surround sound only supports the AV's..So I had to go into sound settings in the PS3 and change the sound settings from HDMI to AV Outlet and boom, surround sound worked. All of this of course, is assuming your av outlets on your speakers are free.
 
so all I need is [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SJ61BK/]this cable[/ame]?

-Blue
 
No, not that.
That has a bunch of wires you don't need, and it's component, we don't want that.
Didn't you PS3 come with a simple AV plug? That has only audio(white), visual(yellow), and audio(red)?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3-AV-Cable/dp/B000NL7JSC/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1294791497&sr=1-2"]Like this.[/ame]
61DJO2hueML._SL500_AA300_.gif


Except, we won't be using the yellow, just the white and red.

Edit:
Even if you don't, what I supplied are the wires you'll need.
Before you buy them, to confirm my words for your own eyes, go to the Audio settings on your PS3 and select it. You'll notice two options, "HDMI" and "AV Multi Functional" or something similar to those words. Right now, your audio is probably set to HDMI, but PS3 has the ability to use HDMI output for a visual source and the AV output for an audio source simultaneously. So once you get the cables, attach them like normal and plug the white and red into your Razer Mako, then set the audio source to the AV output and you should be good.
 
Last edited:
No, not that.
That has a bunch of wires you don't need, and it's component, we don't want that.
Didn't you PS3 come with a simple AV plug? That has only audio(white), visual(yellow), and audio(red)?

Like this.
61DJO2hueML._SL500_AA300_.gif


Except, we won't be using the yellow, just the white and red.

my ps3 did not come with any audio cords whatsoever. its a ps3 slim so maybe they dont package the cords with that? alright well thanks for your help ric, this will make rock band, etc more enjoyable.

-Blue
 
Any time. :)
If you run into any trouble setting it up, just let me know.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top