DoD Winner music!!

BIGBAS

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jul 5, 2010
Messages
2,289
I don't know about you but I hate the music at the end of the round!!!! If you want to turn it off, here's how to do it.

STEP 1: When in game, Open the console using the ~ key.

STEP 2: Type in the following and then press ENTER

dod_playwinmusic 0
 
I just change the music to something else, but this could work too :D
 
if you don't want to outright disable it, Bind a key with the following:


Bind [key here] "play stop"
 
Or u\you can do this too!!

Create two custom music files.

I made two mp3s that override the victory music the same way custom sound files work.

Here's the details:

Create 2 mp3s us_win, and german_win. These can be anything (music, voice, whatever). I used 1 second of nothing, recorded with windows sound recorder then converted to MP3

Then place the mp3s in this folder your ambient folder located here

USERNAME/Day Of Defeat Soure/dod/sounds/

If ambient doesn't exist, create it

Should look like this
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamapps\*YOURUSERNAME*\day of defeat source\dod\sound\ambient
 
I think mine seems to be broken or stuck on a loop, cause just when the music stops playing suddenly I won again and it starts over.

This usually goes on for like an hour until I lose interest and leave.
 
I changed mine.
For the Germans I have a shorter version of Ride of the Valkyries, and for the U.S I have a shorter version of The Army Goes Rolling Along.
 
i like it cause it lets me know how long i have to run in circles and try to stay alive...
 
I put the following directly into my cfg file:
dod_playachievementsound "0"
dod_playwinmusic "0"

Also have smaller death icons (so small I cant tell a rifle from a sniper rifle) these are in my autoexec file.
cl_deathicon_bg_alpha 0
cl_deathicon_height 15
cl_deathicon_width 15
 
Last edited:
unrelated. but is there anyway to hide the point gain from caps/kills/deaths that appears in the chat window?
 
tried but it says unknown command

try this from a Tony Montana post:

While in-game in one of our servers:
1) Input in all chat (y is default) hlx_menu
2) You will see a box pop up on the left side of the screen
3) Press 9 for Next
4) The list of things will change.
5) Press 1 for Console Events
6) The list of things will change.
7) Press 2 for Disable Events

Or try what Erich said again, it should work if you put it in your cfg file.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top