If you wonder why you haven't seen Chili lately

chili dude96

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Messages
1,452
Hey guys, I got bad news. I'm using a nvidia 260m, and there is a glitch involving the kernel driver crashing when the processor is working hard, apparently its because these cards were meant for vista not windows 7. Lots of people started having this issue when I did. I can't play video games for more then 20 minutes, and I can't use vent or steam community in game, and this really sucks because my computer runs fine besides that. Asus also scammed me on the warranty because I called them before I bought it and they said there was a 2 year warranty on all their notebooks, but now apparently mine has a 1 year warranty. So right now I'm screwed over by Asus and all they did to help the cause is have me do a system restore so you probably won't see me on for awhile. From what I've heard the only successful people have replaced transistors and capacitors in their graphics cards because it is caused by windows 7 drawing too much power. So if any one can help me, although I doubt you can, post how to replace transistors and capacitors below or just post below that you feel sorry for me.

Hopefully I'll be able to get on vent now and again on buck's computer, but until then, take care guys, sucks I won't be playing with you, but I'd just like to say I had a great time.

chili dude96

P.S. I'll work on still trying to fix this and after that maybe a new computer but it will be awhile.
 
Last edited:
My BFG 9800GTX pooched a while back. When I went to use the "Lifetime" warranty, I found out BFG went out of the video card business, so I feel your pain.

BFG Technologies Inc. is in the process of winding down and liquidating its business. Unfortunately, our major supplier would not support our business. As a result, we are returning your graphics card without being able to repair it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Have you tried the latest driver 260.99? I'm currently running an EVGA 260gtx on Win7 64 with no problems on the 260.99 driver.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-260.99-whql-driver.html

Give that a try and let me know.
 
Last edited:
1. Buy a Dalorian
2.Install Flux Capacitor
3.Set destination of 5-30 minutes before you bought Laptop, and drive to where you bought it casually.
4. Find a stretch of road near by.
5. Gun it to 88.
6. Stop yourself from buying laptop, and wait.
7. :)
 
I know there have been some class action lawsuit related things that have occurred recently with NVIDIA, i actually received an email today about that. You may want to run a couple quick searches and find out if any of them have been related to the chipset or card that you have.
 
i know go to best buy and stick a comp down your pants and have your brother be the bait
 
I think because its a windows update that for sure caused this I'm gonna system restore and just block all the updates until we figure out which one it is.
 
Back
Top