High ping coast to coast

0ut1aw

I made one post
Joined
Dec 21, 2010
Messages
8
I hope this an ok place to place this question. Anyway I'm located on the west coast in Vancouver. Recently I find most servers located on the east coast are around 80ms+ while local west coast servers I find are 50ms or below.

I recall them used to being very low about 30ms or below and east coast servers were only being about 60-70ms. Any tips on how to decrease the latency?

Also it would help if anybody can input their feedback on what kind of latency they get coast to coast.
 
That's still pretty low, so I believe you should be fine. Unlike me, where I can have a server right on top of me and have a 80ms ping and anything else is 100ms+. Lol.
 
Fiber optic speed is 1ms / 125 miles. (Best case scenario). Add in all the switches and routers you are going through on the way and you are doing really well at 80ms.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top