Just showin a few things...

reaLizee

Poster
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
214
Sup guys,

The 10.6" long gtx260(216) is massive. It makes the 110mm Zalman 9700 look small. The CPU is getting great airflow, the 2 120mm and 80mm fans suck air in from the front of the case acorss the gtx260 and Zalman heatsink and exhaust it out the rear 120mm.

Heres a few pics, I've got some screenshots showing the 120-200fps steady I get in cod4 with all graphics cranked as high as they can go...




(new) Intel Wolfdale E8500 6MB L2
(new) Zalman 9700 Heatsink
(new) 4GB Kingston HyperX PC8500 1066mhz 5-5-5-15(stock)
(new) XFX 780i Motherboard
(new) Corsair 850watt powersupply with +12V@70A
(new) BFG 260 gtx 216 OC2 MAXCORE 896mb video card oc'd to 741/1211
Silverstone TJ06 BTX case w/ ( 3.5" bays and (5) 5.25" bays
X-Fi Platnium with front I/O Panel & Remote
(2) DVD/RW 22x sata burners
(1) 1000GB 7200rpm 32mb cache Seagate
(2) 74GB 10,000rpm 16mb cache WD Raptors in Raid-0


_________________________________________________________________


3Dmark03: 58,461 points
3Dmark05: N/A
3Dmark06: 19,016 points

For normal 24/7 operation I'm using the below overclock...

CPU Clock: 4512 mhz
CPU FSB: 475 mhz
CPU Multiplier: 9.5x
Memory Bus: 475 mhz
Memory Info: 950 mhz 5-4-4-14 1T
Memory Ratio: 1:1
Rated FSB: 1900 mhz

For max oc benchmarking I'm using the below overclock...

CPU Clock: 4750 mhz
CPU FSB: 500 mhz
CPU Multiplier: 9.5x
Memory Bus: 500 mhz
Memory Info: 1000 mhz 5-4-4-14 2T
Memory Ratio: 1:1
Rated FSB: 2000 mhz

Favorite part about this new PC is that I only spent $550 total for all of the "(new)" items saving almost $400+ compared to buying new, gotta love having a good connection

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


newshiz9be4.jpg



newshiz8oe4.jpg


**NOTICE the fps on top right of the screen**

newshiz7yb0.jpg
 
Very nice. If you're getting 180, you should be maxing that sucker. AA all the way up and detail as high as possible :P.
 
Seriously. Max that foo!
And how is that 120Hz display? I get tired of people saying there is no visible difference in 60Hz vs 120Hz. Just because your rig can't crank out more than 60fps doesn't mean there isn't a difference. :p
 
Seriously. Max that foo!
And how is that 120Hz display? I get tired of people saying there is no visible difference in 60Hz vs 120Hz. Just because your rig can't crank out more than 60fps doesn't mean there isn't a difference. :p

I never really believed that either.

Way back when, with my CRT I could tell a difference between 60 and 75.
 
I never really believed that either.

Way back when, with my CRT I could tell a difference between 60 and 75.

My bro's monitor can do 75Hz and I could tell the difference. It was very slight, but I could tell the difference.
 
I never really believed that either.

Way back when, with my CRT I could tell a difference between 60 and 75.

Let's start with math.
4/3 = 1.33
1024/768 = 1.33
1280/960 = 1.33
1600/1200 = 1.33
2048/1536 = 1.33
1280/1024 = 1.25
(x? + y?)? = 20. This is a known triangle, 3-4-5. So divide 20 by 5 and you get 4 multiply x and y by 4. 20" viewable means 16" x 12". If it's a 22 or 23" NEC the viewable area is still 20". Those are marketting numbers.
16/12 = 1.33

There are several dominating aspect ratios in the world today. 5:4 is not one of them. That is why I hate 17" and 19" LCDs and have an aneurysm any time someone uses it on a CRT. No CRT ever was made for that resolution 2.35:1 is for movies
1.85:1 is for movies
16:9 is for HD movies and also is the HD standard television resolution
16:10 is for wide computer monitors but easily supports 16:9.
4:3 has been around forever and most video you find is this
5:4 is nearly a box.

Picture of the cpu-z
freshinstalocuo5.jpg
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top