Question about joining the army.

Zalkarmus

Rookie
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
30
A friend and I had the crazy idea of joining the army when we leave high school. We were wondering if it is common or possible to be put in the same fire-team or squad somehow? This is probably the only way we would join because of the insecurities of not truly knowing any of the other people around you. Thanks.
 
LOL, don't ask the recruiting sergeant. He'll say anything to get you in. You may get in the same training platoon, but aside from that, your chances of being in the same squad, etc. are pretty slim.
 
Alright, thanks. We got really interested during the last few days. We don't care so much anymore about being alone.
 
IIRC, it's called the "Buddy System" and it's very possible to be stationed together in the same unit/company. However, when it comes to the same platoon and/or squad, then it's a little more difficult but not impossible.
 
[quote1201808531==(eGO)=ManBearPig-TR]
[quote1201798470=naniekso [7]]
dont sell ur soul!!!
[/quote1201798470]

^^^
indeed

[/quote1201808531]

Indeed +1
 
the buddy system is true you will get put into the same platoon. However many do not stay together.
Especially after graduation. One of you could end up in okinawa and the other in Bahgdad.
Now I was in the Marine Corp. And several guys went to same Platoon but never talked while in there cause of the never getting to talk to anyone but the instructors thing. Theres time to talk after lights out but your too damn tired to do so.
 
[quote1201824105=naniekso [7]]
dont sell ur soul!!!
[/quote1201824105]


I'm a veteran, make your own decision.

It was the best years of my life, changed my life for the better and made me a stronger person. The position I have and maintain today is directly tied to the leadership abilities I was taught while in the military.

Having said that...

I know it is possible. It all depends on the recruiter and the stroke he has, or his willingness to follow up on his promises and make sure it happens. Recruiters traditionally will tell you anything. There is a buddy system. I don' know how it works now. They may be able to promise you more in this day and age.

At any rate... best wishes in your decision making process. I respect the fact that you are considering that. It shows your patriotism and maturity. Salute!
 
Before you signing up to join the armed force, ask yourself, are you did it for your country, yourself, or because your friend join the armed force too.

"Good for you, Mobile Infantry make me the man I am today." - Recruiting Sergeant, Starship Troopers.
 
Yep,, i'll be joining the army aswell, It will help with my payment in college, and I'll possibly get the strength and honor to be useful in future careers.
 
[quote1201994317=Sheppard]
Yep,, i'll be joining the army aswell, It will help with my payment in college, and I'll possibly get the strength and honor to be useful in future careers.
[/quote1201994317]

Sheppard, ever thinking about doing a full career in the army?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top