Please Help Hard Drive Question

Boo-Yeah!!

EGO Zealot
=(e)=
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
1,507
Recently while trying to install my 500GB WD OEM HD... The SATA connection on the Hard drive snapped off. The copper connections are all still connected but the plastic L shaped guard that the cable latches onto got completed sheared off. My question is there anyway to repair this? Can I tap the SATA cable to keep it in place or some other way to fasten the cable to the drive to keep it connected?
 
i highly doubt it, but google prob has an answer to that issue. i believe i have a spare sata cable if ur interested.
 
you are pretty much screwed. You could try to glue it back or something, but i doubt it.
 
I hope the drive is empty. Try a non conductive clamp to hold it in place while you transfer the info you have on it off? Other than that try to find a place which could repair the connector for you?

Good luck and I hope a solution presents itself.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top