Now's a good time to remind everyone...

KnuckleChild87

Forum Fiend
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
645
Ok guys, i didn't want to have to post this because i know this topic has been beaten to death on numerous occasions in the past, not just with strand but with any server, but ESPECIALLY STRAND. Strand is an Attack/Defense map, not a capture point/CTF map. The Allied team is storming the beachhead in attempt to take out 4 objectives, 2 of which require double planting in order to successfully take the point. Too often i'm finding that the teams become unbalanced due to one team having the advantage time after time.

We should not be seeing members of this organization continue to stay on a team that outnumbers it's opponent by 3+ players. Most of the time it's Axis that outnumbers Allies on Strand because it can be very difficult to get off the beach unless the Allied team has good sniper coverage and sweeping lines of fire from it's Machine Gunners. I want to see more of you guys & gals, especially the eG's and eGO's, start to switch over to the team that is understaffed if it's getting it's keister kicked. We need to show everyone that we truly do play fair here at EdgeGamers, no matter what's going on in the server.

Now you may ask "But what about my HLXstats?! I can't lose that many points!" You want to know my trick behind not letting points bother me? I turned off the stats update notifications in my chat box. That way i have no clue how many points i'm losing or gaining and just concentrate on enjoying my gaming experience. I forget how to turn off the notifications, however, if someone does remember the console command, please feel free to post that here.
 
Everyone chant now. "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"
Good post, I think it has to be brought up every now and then because the threads asking about it don't stop. One more points thread and
images
 
Last edited:
Good post, very true..

You'll find that if everyone works as a team on the Allies on strand, there is'n't so much of an advantage, as soon as you get the field/planted the explosives up there, there is great chance you'll win! :)
 
i hope everyone writes this down because this is what shapes you into become a better team player
 
Yeah, this happens a lot on strand I switch teams when this happens but then more people usually switch to the other team:(
 
Great post, I think a key point is leading by example, often I see the admin message telling to even the teams even though he or she is on the team with +4 players.

Yeah for those who play allies on anzio!!!:w00t:
 
Thats the problem, youre playing on Strand. ;)

Well you know when i need my Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan fix, that's the best place to go :lol:

But it is still an eGO server and we must treat it with love & passion :blink:
 
I don't even bother about my rank or HLX stats, they're just numbers that don't reflect anything about a person's way of playing the game and anyone that lets his rank get in the way of his gameplay is only making his experience less fun and incomplete. I personally am a flag runner, and I'll be the first one to take any opportunity to get a flag, even if it means almost certain death, because for me the game is all about taking chances. I'm the kind of guy to run into a machinegun fire to let someone else have a chance at taking a shot at that machinegun. I'm the kind of guy who will die smoking a flag if it means someone else on my team will get that flag. Kill/death ratio says very little about someone's actual usefulness in the game, I would even say that most players with a higher that average kill/death ratio are just people that are less inclined to take chances and/or take a bullet for a fellow soldier. That's not the way I play. Fortunately for me I haven't seen any problems with teams being uneven, I play mostly on Flash, sometimes Anzio, so I wouldn't know about the other servers, but you're right, it should never be a problem and it's our responsibility to make the teams even.
 
Last edited:
This is a correct post. I myself have stopped playing strand because the allied team often doesn't have the teamwork. If more 'advanced' players start joining allies instead of axis, I'm sure that it'll be a lot more fun!

Nonetheless, if you get upset about losing points, type hlx_display 0 in chat.
 
Last edited:
Well you know when i need my Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan fix, that's the best place to go :lol:

But it is still an eGO server and we must treat it with love & passion :blink:

Im just messing with you! I have to be in the mood for Strand, but in the end we have a responsibility as members and admins to keep the teams even.

As for skill level, it normally levels out. I cant count the number of times ive been on a average or sub-average skilled team that communicates and we end up winning (even on the allies in Anzio). Too much team stacking is unfair but if you start meddling too much you change the dynamics. If everyone and anyone steps in when teams are stacked by more than three then theres nothing to worry about.
 
Now you may ask "But what about my HLXstats?! I can't lose that many points!" You want to know my trick behind not letting points bother me? I turned off the stats update notifications in my chat box. That way i have no clue how many points i'm losing or gaining and just concentrate on enjoying my gaming experience. I forget how to turn off the notifications, however, if someone does remember the console command, please feel free to post that here.

Yea tomi... no one plays allies on strand volenteerly, coz they worry about their points... I've heard so many times from my friends, when i ask if they wanna help fill strand, they say that strand sucks... then why do we have it? Why do we have it if we dont like it? WHY? WHY??? WHY?????!!!!... :crying:

one of the major reasons for joining here, was team work. An old member, buzzkill or something, gathered our whole team on one side, and made us attack one target, and destroy it successfully.

wish i could get the stats taken off myself... those points make people greedy, and mad.

Do i switch to allies when axis has 17 players? Yes, doh... there is nothing better then a heroic charge up the beach :D
 
im allways playing axis side on strand...most of times allies dosent even got teamwork. That why everyone want play axis side at strand!!!!!!!
 
Good post. I agree. I do not play so much on Strand but other servers have the issue sometimes :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top