how do you become a admin

Prove yourself to the community! Best way to do that is to be active on our servers and on Ventrilo. Get to know the many members we have and make friends. Prove that you know how to play and play properly, get along and follow the rules. Set the example for the pubs on the server to follow. Do that and also have fun! it wont happen overnight
 
Think Fight Club, then replace those rules with the word "Promotions".
Just follow what Knuckle said, and you should make out fine.
 
#1 dont ask for a promotion
#2 follow our rules and set an example in server
#3 be active in the forums and vent
#4 dont ask for a promotion
 
well 1 thing is sure if u ask here that how u get admin it dosent help at all.
 
Actually asking how to get it (aka hints on making him a better member) is not the same as outright asking for it.
 
Actually asking how to get it (aka hints on making him a better member) is not the same as outright asking for it.

I have to agree with euro on this one. In my opinion there is nothing wrong in asking HOW to become an admin. It isn't same as asking for it, he simply is interested to know how.
 
Just look at me! Er... No.. Follow someone smarter. like uh... uh... Ron? Yeah. Follow Ron's example.
 
The only stupid question is the one not asked. Thats a famous old saying I just made up o.O
 
Read the stickies, let admins know of problems they have missed, and be active in ventrilo, and the servers :) easiest ways.
 
Step 1: Cut a hole in the box.

...Wait. Wrong advice.

Everybody above pretty much answered this question the same way I would. Off the top of my head, here's what we look for:

-Server activity (shows that you actually care and do play in our servers, although it's perfectly fine to play other games too)
-Forum activity (shows that you keep up to date with everything that happens around here
-Ventrilo activity (it's much easier to feel good about promoting somebody if I've actually talked with them. Vent is seriously underrated; it's where a lot of the action in eGO actually happens.)

If somebody will complain, it's going to be about this one, but it's the most honest advice I can give anybody: Don't bug Leadership for attention in the hopes of getting noticed and a promotion. Every so often, somebody comes along and tries to befriend everyone to get noticed. Problem is, it's pretty obvious when somebody's doing this. But if I'm at school and log onto Steam real quick to ask somebody a question and get a barrage of "hi what are you doing now" stuff every day from a new member, it's a bit annoying. When I joined, Slayr357 field promoted me in Avalanche after two weeks; I had never talked to him or any Leadership member before that. I just played in the servers every day, had fun, and earned it. That still holds true today...so play, have fun, and when it's time, you'll know ;)


Rules #1 and 2 are basically derived from this last point, because directly asking for a promotion is never going to get you one. That's why people always say "don't talk about promotions"; because most of the time, the posts are to the effect of "hi guyz im new here when do i get admin?" This thread is asking about what we look for, though. If I can find the classic "Fluffy thread" that I usually link, I'll post it here...but it looks like it got unstuck with the recent sticky upgrades.
 
Just look at me! Er... No.. Follow someone smarter. like uh... uh... Ron? Yeah. Follow Ron's example.

But Compton, you know I always look up to you!
__________________________________________________

To sum up what Mr. Jeod said...

Make sure to stay active on the forums, servers, and Ventrillo.
To put it all into my own words...

~For the forums, I would suggest browsing through areas of your interest, and finding topics that you really enjoy. Don't make a bunch of useless, one-worded posts just to have the highest post count. I'm sure the people in charge of promos would rather have someone who shows they care about what's being said, rather than posting "lol" all over the place, or making useless threads about how you ate a donut during lunch time.

~In servers, just enjoy yourself! Spread yourself out between servers in your division, head over to the events (Use the event calendar!), and make sure you set yourself as a good example for the community. eGO isn't looking for people with the most skill to run the community, but rather people who can be mature about making decisions.
One of my favorite quotes concering that issue is as follows (taken from the "Start Here New Applicants" sticky in PSC)

Skill level has nothing to do with promotions. EdgeGamers promotes on the basis of a member's maturity. We would rather have someone who can barely play, is a lot of fun, and carries with them a sense of integrity, than someone who is PWNTASTIC and acts immaturely.

~And finally, Ventrillo. Hop into eGO's many channels and chat it up with your friends! Make sure to bother some advisors while your in there. Or rather, use Ventrillo also as a good way to call for admins or advisors, if you're having particular troubles (bothersome person in servers, concerns about other stuff, etc.). Just be sure to have fun.

Oh, and one last point. Never, NEVER ask for a promotion.
It doesn't hurt to ask for advice (like you did with this thread), but don't blatantly ask, "So, can I get my G now?"

The moral of the story is just have fun. Don't worry about whether or not you're going to get promoted at the next promo list, just focus on enjoying eGO for all it's worth. Be sure to act like a good role model for the community, and before you know it... you'll be reading the holy document known as "Admin 101"!

Best of luck mate. And have fun!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top