How do I install Linux Fedora to specific Partition?

Krysalist

Poster
Joined
Dec 17, 2009
Messages
172
Right so I have my Windows 7 HDD (C:\) and I have a 1TB HDD with all my music and media stuff on it (E:\) but I partitioned that HDD for an install of Linux Fedora (G:\) but there is no option for installing to a specific drive is there?
 
Last edited:
Did you partition the drive using the disk manager in win 7? as long as the file system is NTFS you should be good to go and it should show up as an option before install.... you dont have to worry about how you format the partition since it will re-format before the Fedora install.

Somthing else you may want to try is to run a "live" version of the software then install from the Fedora desktop. you may have better luck finding the partition there.
 
Right what I do is I burn Fedora Live to a disc and tried to booted it. Live Mode started and I ran install to hard drive but I had no option to choose which partition, or it is just not clear enough. And yeah, I sorted out the partitions in w7
 
This sounds like a job for Mr. Phobus.

If he doesn't respond to this thread, try sending him a PM.

PS. Edit your post to remove the "s" word. eGO has a no cursing policy embedded to the forums rules.
 
This sounds like a job for Mr. Phobus.

If he doesn't respond to this thread, try sending him a PM.

PS. Edit your post to remove the "s" word. eGO has a no cursing policy embedded to the forums rules.

haha I had no idea I wrote that, I guess I'm getting lazy my vocabulary...
 
Back
Top