Wireless card help

SgtBeavis

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
May 15, 2010
Messages
2,101
I just built a new rig last night with the help of a good friend in eGO and I had this usb wireless card from about a year and a half ago and I was wondering if anyone knew a good USB wireless card that I could go out and get I have a 15-30 mbp/s service in my house and with this current card I'm getting only 100 kb and about 1000 ping in vent any help would be greatly appreciated
 
Is the router you connect to N? Or B/G?
 
I think it's G but I found an adapter at best buy I'm going to go get later today sorry for this pointless thread :(
 
OK.

N adapters are technically the "best" adapters out their, considering the strength of the N signal..So I'd buy a N Router and a N adapter. Of course, B/G is available too, but it has speed limits, but I forgot what they were. N has a higher speed cap..Meaning, faster Internet, if you support it.

I recently had to buy a N gaming router due to the speed increase of my ISP. B/G were no longer supported at the speed I have.

Anyways, for the past 5 years, I've bought 2 Linksys USB adapters. One lasted 3 years, one lasted 2, before I broke it. They aren't exactly cheap, but very reliable.

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/EU/en/products/WUSB600N

That's the one I have now, but your store may not. Pretty much, just go for anything N, if you plan to buy an N router. Go for B/G if you plan to buy a B/G router. The reason for this is because although N routers are backwards compatible with B/G devices, you'll get a better experience from using the same signal.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top