What is your high speed internet service provider?

suntzuEDITED

Famous
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
495
Im in the market for a new provider, thinking FiOS, I had them before, really fast internet. Anyone have anything really good or better?
 
I have FIOS. They are amazing right now.

i have like 30 down and 25 up with 11 ping.

Only thing is theyre router SUCKS in terms of wireless coverage and stuff. The new Actiontec Revision G they have is wireless N unlike the ones most ppl have but they are only giving those out to new subscribers that are buying the like 100 down package.

You can just buy your own wireless N router though and set it up.
 
I have Fios as well and the service is really great (im on a legacy 25/15 plan).

I agree with Pewpew that the router is less than great (it would be nice if they gave you just a modem...) but you can always pick up a good N router to use as a WAP (if you want wireless).
 
AT&T is the worst, I would never go back. There service always cuts out on an off through out the day for about 2 minutes at a time. Just enough time to kick you off xbox live, or CS:S. Also throws my website transfers off as well.
 
If you live in an area that has Bright House Networks, I would suggest going for their Lightning plan.

If we knew where you lived (city, not exact address) we could do some research on the ISPs in your area and help you find the best thing available in your area.

Out of personal experience, I'll never be tempted to go back to Verizon for any of their services. They tried charging my dad $688 for a $100 a month plan... multiple times. My parents aren't the only ones that had that happen, either.

http://www.verizonpathetic.com/hallofshame.html

http://www.verizonpathetic.com/articles.html

http://www.my3cents.com/companyReview.cgi?compid=556&subcat=3

Those sites are pretty much just consumer complaints on Verizon. I would suggest steering clear of Verizon as much as you can. If you still want to give them a try, go ahead.

If you have Bright House in your area, I would definitely suggest you pick up their Lightning service. You'll average 5mb/s downloads per computer (40/8=5) in your house.
 
Atlantic Broadband with a Surf Board Modem, I fell in love with it ever since I first layed eyes on it...
 
I used comcast for about 8 years, made the switch to att uverse and couldn't be happier (for internet).

The internet has never once gone out, and their wireless router is the best I've ever owned.
 
Honestly, my internet sucks and my parents told me if I can find something good, they'll get it. I live in Fort Collins, Colorado if anyone would be willing to do any research.. :)
 
I live in Toronto, Canada. My ISP is Rogers :o
I dont know of any ISPs in America sorry!
 
Back
Top