Just Installed Windows 7, Big Memory Problem

Noise

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
2,422
I just installed windows 7 a couple of days ago, Before then it was a 500gig windows vista. Once I installed Windows 7, My C Drive went from 450 Gigs of Space to 13, and theres now a J Drive with 450 gigs. I honestly don't know the first thing about computers, and this is getting to be a big problem, seeing as most things automatically install on the C drive for me. I don't know much more information but this, someone please help D:
 
All that did was shrink the drive, i looked at the comments and none shows an answer of how to expand.
 
it sounds like you installed windows 7 on a separate partition, like your backup partition or something of the sort. Your going to have to re-install windows 7 and make sure you format the 450gig partition.
 
I just installed windows 7 a couple of days ago, Before then it was a 500gig windows vista. Once I installed Windows 7, My C Drive went from 450 Gigs of Space to 13, and theres now a J Drive with 450 gigs. I honestly don't know the first thing about computers, and this is getting to be a big problem, seeing as most things automatically install on the C drive for me. I don't know much more information but this, someone please help D:

This is a fairly standard setup to use (and I would recommend against putting everything on one partition).

To be honest, it is best to install Windows on a separate partition than your programs and data. If Windows takes a dump on you you won't lose your programs or anything you have saved unless it's on the same partition.

With that being said, if you have nothing that is super-critical, or as long as you have working backups, go ahead and format all the partitions and reinstall Windows on a single partition if you want it like that.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top