WHAT can you install before the MoBo

cpu, gpu, sound card, pci cards, pcie cards

you can install these things on the mobo before putting the mobo in the case.
 
That's about it. Additional case fans if you're using them. I usually do the mobo first or second though (either mobo or PSU first, depending on my mood lol).

I usually do the stuff that goes onto the mobo after the mobo is already installed. Except the CPU and sometimes the CPU sink.
 
cpu, gpu, sound card, pci cards, pcie cards

you can install these things on the mobo before putting the mobo in the case.

No...
You can install the CPU and Memory before putting the mobo in the case. PCI/e cards (gpus, sound cards, etc) would need to be placed in after, unless you have a removable motherboard tray, expansion slots included.
 
No...
You can install the CPU and Memory before putting the mobo in the case. PCI/e cards (gpus, sound cards, etc) would need to be placed in after, unless you have a removable motherboard tray, expansion slots included.

im used to fancy cases, forgot about pci cards getting in the way :P
 
I always do a POST test before I install the motherboard in a case. I put on the CPU, mount the HSF, install the ram, put on a video card (if needed), plug in the power connectors, hook up a monitor and keyboard, take my screw driver, and see what's going on. If it works, I put it in the case. If it doesn't I send it back. :P

Here's the order I usually do:

Case w/ fans
motherboard (with CPU and RAM)
Put the PSU in place
mount the drives
Plug everything up
plug in cards (GPU, sound, etc.)

Double check all the connections on the motherboard and drives.
Boot up/Install OS.


If you do it in that order, you won't run in to too many complications.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top