For those who play on non-eGO servers...

Troll says: "Oh, you're an eGO huh. Stupid clan and worthless leaders. <bleep> off."


  • Total voters
    70

Skippy

EGO Zealot
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
1,933
Recently I've found myself playing more on non-eGO servers (to get more realism practice in), and a natural result of that has been more interaction with non-eGO players.

Most have been very pleasant experiences but every now and then I encounter a troll or someone with a vendetta against eGO. I've also witnessed several of our own guys'/gals' interaction with them.

I know how I personally handle these situations, but I wanted to see how you guys deal with them and perhaps stoke an educational discussion for those who need it. I also know that there are various levels of trolling/eGO-griefing, but this one example is amongst one of the most common that I encounter.

Note1: I did consider posting this in the admin forums, but feel that there is some value to be had in opening this up to our 'e's to respond to, as well.

Note2: Further rationale behind each of the 4 options, since the poll was limiting me to 100 characters --
1) *Silence* (i.e. you do not grant him the satisfaction of a reply and just ignore him completely)
2) "No one cares what you think, <bleep> you, you <bleep>ing <bleep> <bleep>er!" (Defend eGO's honor! Since you're not on an eGO server, cursing back at the loser is allowed, right?)
3) "You're mistaken, but your obvious ignorance is deeply amusing." (The 'ol show 'em who is smarter trick.)
4) "I politely disagree with you, but you're entitled to your own opinion." (Grant a reply, but avoid conflict like a scared little puppy.)

Note3: I'll add my own vote and opinion after we get a few responses. Just don't want to taint the voting for now.
 
Last edited:
Recently I've found myself playing more on non-eGO servers (to get more realism practice in), and a natural result of that has been more interaction with non-eGO players.

Most have been very pleasant experiences but every now and then I encounter a troll or someone with a vendetta against eGO. I've also witnessed several of our own guys'/gals' interaction with them.

Yeah I too have run into this. I Say nothing,, and if they keep it up I Leave and go to another server..
 
I always expect to get some sort crap when i join non ego servers which i try to avoid but sometimes playing at 3:30 am means im gunna have to (avalanche is weak). But to my surprise i have yet to get any sort of flak from anyone. My friends gave me crap when I joined but it was mostly because they had a bad time with tf2 and CSS ego servers (i dont blame them). I am kinda curious to how i would handle some non ego server harrasment...i hit my admin button but no response..ahhh!!!!
 
i say nothing, i let my rifle do the talking :P
this works even better when they say stuff like "eGO kids" or call us all noobs. nothing like the "noob" getting 7-1kdr on their home server :)
 
Everytime I'm on a server (on any game) that isn't eGO, people say "Yeah I hate eGO, but you're pretty cool."
 
This has happened quite a few times on RNL when I have been on the 4th ID. server.
 
When going on other servers... I do get that from time to time.
Most times the other guys are alright, friendly for the most part if not colorful to say the least.

However, every so often there'll be someone who looks to be provocative and wants to start some kind of conflict.

Quite frankly, I don't need to say anything because I don't value what he says. There's no point in me saying anything at all because, I don't want to have to stoop to his level.
Also, there's nothing more satisfying than killing that guy in the server and even better, dominating him, which tends to happen more often than not :)
When I do say something, I try to respond with humor. Not humor that's going to make them act and create conflict but, random humor that would just invariably make myself laugh, lol.

The other day, I even got sarcasm on some server remember?
"Oh Spartacus is really good aye?" - just because the guy killed me on my first death...
I responded "aww thanks... so kind of you :) lol"

I'm with Brain on the 'let my rifle do the talking for me'. We don't have anything to prove to anyone but ourselves. Wearing the eGO tags, conducting ourselves in the same manner as we would on our own servers, that says enough about our own conduct, dignity and respect as members in this community :).


fdsi9e.png
 
Last edited:
There are non-eGO servers? This is new.

Ignore them. Barely chat as it is. More focused on the game at hand.
 
I typically stay silent, if they start bantering i'll refrain from any kind of communication. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, i'm not in the business of enforcing mine on others :]
 
i chose the one that had the word "politely" in it without really knowing what you were asking. haha what do i win?


in all seriousness, its best to just stay silent. they're obviously looking for some reaction out of you. Not giving it to them is the best. They're all entitled to their opinion. Just brush it off and remember it's a game and have fun.
 
It depends. Often I just say nothing. But there has been a couple times when I ask him why he has that opinion. Both times it has been "I got banned for . . ." And often if know them a little bit I just add that " I respect your server rules and it is just curticey to do the same when they are also on other servers". I dont not do this to every troll, only if we have been having a intellectual conversation earlier. When doimg this I have often had the clan leader or senior players aggeing with me. I have stuffed up a few times also though.

Just what I do. Often after playing with them for awhile they have commented that "i dont understand why some people have problem with eGO" the biggest thing I think is to be respectful and a listen to server rules. Also dont go in there thinking you are the best, show them over time.


-kiwi
 
Last edited:
Number 2 will not help your arguement later on that day (if you keep on arguing) because you just told them various bleeps, which we shouldnt do off eGO servers.
 
Ironically I had this happen to me tonight on a realism server. These guys were bashing eGO and I gave them the facts "Just because we dont allowing cussing doesnt mean we're uptight, we just want to have a respectful attitude on the servers toward all players." and they said something stupid as a retort. So I proceeded to lead both teams with a 7-2 record. Needless to say they shut up.
 
Honestly when this happens to me, I will pretend to ignore it but I will slowly show them that there is nothing wrong with us. I have managed to do that on CS:S non-eGO servers before.
 
As far as bleep bleep goes. If you're wearing eGO tags you obey EdgeGamer's rules. Who's server you're on does not enter into the equation. When you are a guest in another server you obey their rules as well.

Also don't advertise or recruit while on someone else's server. We don't allow it on ours and what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Your behavior should be all that we need to leave a good impression.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top