Chrome Extensions

Ph?bus

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
4,155
What extensions do you use?

I use:
Ad Block Plus
Ghostery
Gmail Checker
Webpage Screenshot

More about Ghostery: http://www.ghostery.com/

Jeez, this website has a lot of 'bugs'. o.o
 
As much as I love Chrome and would like to use it on my computer, I don't. I get this terrible screen bounce with every new page I load and have yet to find a solution. It's extremely annoying, I've searched for a solution a number of times and I can't even find a similar problem being described in the help forums. I do use Chrome exclusively when I'm on my wife's netbook, but I use that so little that I haven't bothered to load any extensions.

Oh, and I love Ad Block, I've been using it on Firefox for years.
 
I use Opera as my browser, and it allows for extensions (some from Chrome too)...

My extensions:

I don't use an add-blocker extension since I my browser has a built-in URL blocker, I just update the list weekly, it even blocks YouTube adds :)
 
As much as I love Chrome and would like to use it on my computer, I don't. I get this terrible screen bounce with every new page I load and have yet to find a solution. It's extremely annoying, I've searched for a solution a number of times and I can't even find a similar problem being described in the help forums. I do use Chrome exclusively when I'm on my wife's netbook, but I use that so little that I haven't bothered to load any extensions.

Oh, and I love Ad Block, I've been using it on Firefox for years.

Interesting.
When was the last time you've tried it? Do you remember what version it was on?
I'd recommend trying it again.

I use Opera as my browser, and it allows for extensions (some from Chrome too)...

My extensions:

I don't use an add-blocker extension since I my browser has a built-in URL blocker, I just update the list weekly, it even blocks YouTube adds :)

I tried Opera for a few months. I liked its speed, but the lack of compatibility was really annoying. Like it just wouldn't load certain websites/show them the same as other browsers.

Kick Ass is pretty fun. :P
 
-Snip-
I tried Opera for a few months. I liked its speed, but the lack of compatibility was really annoying. Like it just wouldn't load certain websites/show them the same as other browsers.

Kick Ass is pretty fun. :P

The problem is it's not Opera's fault for displaying websites improperly. Such as Google, if you tell opera to "Mask as Firefox", it displays everything PERFECTLY. I'll search for the article that has a statement from Google as to why they detect for Opera and show them the old Google (quite depressing).

Other websites are nearly the same way. It's usually due to poor coding since the website developer didn't make it compatible with Opera. But whenever that happens I simply report the website having the problem and the people at Opera contact the developer directly to help fix it.

I still use and enjoy Opera for its security, speed, features, customization, and innovation.

EDIT: Found the article (make note of the date posted) CLICK HERE
 
Last edited:
Interesting.
When was the last time you've tried it? Do you remember what version it was on?
I'd recommend trying it again.

Current version, last big effort was 2-3 weeks ago. I just tried again after uninstall and reinstall, still doing it.
 
Current version, last big effort was 2-3 weeks ago. I just tried again after uninstall and reinstall, still doing it.

What is this "screen bounce" you talked about, could you explain further and in more detail?
 
Sure, it's as if I was repeatedly scrolling up and down one notch with my mouse. Pages will bounce three or four times once fully loaded and then again after every time I scroll up or down.
 
I use the Firefox 4 beta. I only have 2 addons/extensions, though.

Facebook PhotoZoom 1.9
AVG Safe Search 10.0.0.1178 (Incompatible w/ MZFF4B11, disabled)

I might download AdBlock soon, though. YouTube ads are extremely annoying, and I'm on YouTube every day for at least an hour. ._. Other than YouTube, though, they don't bother me. but, meh.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top