GTX 460 temperatures

Krysalist

Poster
Joined
Dec 17, 2009
Messages
172
Right so like when I'm playing games like Crysis or Mafia II, I get a bit paranoid about my GPU temp. as it gets to about 55-60c. I'm not sure if that's fine but on SpeedFan it shows a flame icon and that's what's worrying me. When I'm not playing a game however, It's at about 30c.

So could someone tell me if this is normal and ok as it is? Like can I carry on playing at that heat without any problems?

Thanks in advance!
 
60c is just fine, if not cooler than most cards.

80-90 is when you should start worrying.
 
ah sick thanks for the bloody fast replies!
And I've heard that increasing fan speed may help?
 
most modern video cards will not become damaged from prolonged heat under the 100C range.

Anything over or 10 degrees under that you should be very concerned about.

-Blue
 
ah sick thanks for the bloody fast replies!
And I've heard that increasing fan speed may help?

increasing fan speed will help immensely. i know for my gpu, raising the speed from 25% to 50% lowered my gpu temps down nearly 20 degrees. You can max out your fan speed which really helps, but it gets to a point where its too loud of course.

-Blue
 
ah sick thanks for the bloody fast replies!
And I've heard that increasing fan speed may help?

For most situations, your video card will automatically adjust your fan speed when needed. That means in extreme conditions if it does get up to 90c, it will turn itself up.

You can increase your fan speed manually to help your temps as mentioned, but being around 60c I don't see why it would be necessary just yet.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top