Will I be able to change it?

SigmaMX

EGO Zealot
=(e)=
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
1,947
Hi everyone

So one question: Im buying a pc with a Phenom X4 2.30ghz Processor
and a Mother Board ECS BLACKSERIES A890GXM-A

Im wondering if I will be able to upgrade the processor someday?

This gear has a Raden Hd 2900 XT video card with it, and I wanna buy a better processor in about 2 months in order to squish the juice of the video card.

Will I have problems with that?

Thanks!
 
You should be fine when upgrading the CPU to any AM3-based socket.

Looking into the future, however, AMD is planning a new "bulldozer" processor and rumor has it that it will be based off a new AM3+ socket.
 
you should be able to upgrade to a new processor with that Mobo (up to a 6-core "thuban" processor).


Looking into the future, however, AMD is planning a new "bulldozer" processor and rumor has it that it will be based off a new AM3+ socket.

I wouldnt worry too much about this yet though Mr game is exacty right. I was hoping for backwards compatability like they did with the AM3 chip/AM2 board......... oh well
 

Latest posts

Back
Top