Anyone got ATI Radeon 5670?

chawlie fair

Rookie
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
55
I'm going to upgrade my video card to the ati radeon 5670, but all of the reviews ive watched have them putting the card at like 1920x1080 which i know it will do bad on cause of its price, If any of you guys have this card, can you tell me what it's like on some of your games at 1280x720 or whatever you play on?

My system currently:
Win 7
500 GB HDD
ati radeon 5450
AMD Athlon Quad core @ 3 GHz
4 gigs ddr3
 
I wouldn't say price makes the card bad haha. As you already know, or at least, I hope you do, ati cards have always been cheaper in comparison to nvidia cards. To prove that price doesn't equal quality (at least in this situation), I'll show you what card I use.

HIS Radeon 4670 1gb: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...4161315&cm_re=ati_4670-_-14-161-315-_-Product

As you can see, its only about 60 dollars. I got it for christmas to replace my card that was dying. I didn't think it would perform as well as it does. I mean, I can play crysis on high settings at 1920x1080 with no problem (until about the end of the game, when it becomes very hectic and unoptimized lol). I was shocked that a 60 dollar card could do so much, but when I normally think about video cards, I think about nvidia, which does not have a card for the price that performs as well.

Now, using HIS again, I found a 5670: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...4161334&cm_re=ati_5670-_-14-161-334-_-Product

I compared my card to that and I was surprised to see how much better it was for about 40 dollars more. It performs better, and stays just as cool as mine does. Also its very low power, my card doesn't take anything from my psu, I was using a 300watt for about a week, then bought a 500watt, didn't see a performance difference, so I know the 300watt was giving it enough power

In short, all I'm saying is that price doesn't equal quality all the time. You just have to search for yourself and compare cards or whatever you may be looking at before looking at the price tag.
 
What? It's called SCROLL DOWN..................At 1280x1024, it averages 49.4 fps in crysis. He asked for how it plays at 1280x720. This is slightly higher res, but gives a good idea. Plus, the settings aren't the highest at this res. Basically, this says it is fine for 720p.

It is a decent card...I wish the deal on that galaxy gtx 460 768mb for $90 was still on at tigerdirect. That was such a steal...
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top