Ipad 2 Just Announced!

I use my phone to hotspot :P free tethering

The data plans for the tablets suck anyway. And theyre crazy expensive.

I want the Atrix 4G because of the dual-core and the ridiculous battery life.......1930mah battery is ridiculous for a phone.

I just use my Evo's hot spot for my iPad. No way I'm paying att for their horrible service. Only problem is that the Evo's battery only lasts about maybe 2 hours with hotspot running, and about 4 with the extended battery I have. So my phone usually dies before my iPad.
 
Two big-hyped accessories Apple will be selling is an HDMI-out cable, running in 1080p, and it will also give you mirrored output. The second is a new case called Smart Cover.... Comes in 5 colors for the polyurethane case, and 5 for the leather. Poly is $39, and leather is $69.

This imo should all come with the device.
 
I use a custom ROM and they have MobileAP built into it which is bug free and really good.

But yea, battery life sucks..........Im sure if i got the 3,000mah battery it would last helluva lot longer but that thing is massive.

Idk i heard the atrix has good battery life.......but i wouldn't be surprised if it was only a bit better than my Galaxy S
 
I would love to be able to mirror the display on my iPad over airtunes/airplay. The HDMI dongles work on the original iPad as well, but I don't really have any use for that. Make it wireless, this is the future. Do that and I will buy an appletv 2 to put xbmc on :) Or run some software so I can throw video to my htpc.
 
I would love to be able to mirror the display on my iPad over airtunes/airplay. The HDMI dongles work on the original iPad as well, but I don't really have any use for that. Make it wireless, this is the future. Do that and I will buy an appletv 2 to put xbmc on :) Or run some software so I can throw video to my htpc.

I wish apple would do this, I have an android app for my galaxy that does it over wifi, but it works kind of suckishly.
 
You can get the windows tablets I guess, because neither iOS or android is a "full/real OS" what ever that means. Most people don't know this but tablets have been out for about 10 years and were never successful. Minimal sales in the commercial sector, and almost none in the personal one. Then apple came out with their iPad with the "fake os" and now everyone wants one ( a tablet that is, not necessarily an iPad.). I think the reason there are no good "real os" tablets for a couple reasons, the specs needed to run the os, and that "real os's" don't work well with touch. Just ask archos who has had windows xp tablets for years. Both windows and mac are designed to work with a mouse and keyboard, not with a touch screen. You would be surprised how much you can do with "Fake" os's like android and iOS. In fact technically android is linux so it would make it a "real os". I personally just think people will just make an excuse for why a product is bad anyway they can, apple or not.

Dude... there isn't even flash >.>. I just want to be able to at least surf the web the same; full OS as in, letting me do what I want and at least have close to the capability of my computer, especially when it's something they could add but they wont. I was focusing on the ipad in my statement, I like android tablets a lot; still wouldn't buy one, but it's a lot closer to what I would use. Realistically I wouldn't buy a tablet at all, since I prefer a laptop.
 
Last edited:
Do share Angealy. :biggrin:

BTW, if you're buying songs from iTunes, technically Apple is still getting money, but that's just me being technical and picky.
 
i'm sorry but apple will no longer be getting my money, the got me hooked on the shuffle and i was like hey for 50 dollars why not? Needed a new mp3 player and what a mistake that was.

I'll pm anyone who wants to know the story behind it all but because of the shuffle i was very mad/upset with them, i do have a nano but i didn't pay for this one and the other one i did with my own money.

share.
 
lol at that cartoon

But its not like it doesn't happen with other brands.......the cartoon is more inferring that there is always a new one coming out.

With every electronics now a new one comes out just about every year.

Android phones, iphones, ipods, PC's, macs.........theres almost always a refresh every year.

My Galaxy S came out summer of 2010 and a new Galaxy S II is coming out this summer..........iPhone 4 last summer, iPhone 5 this summer, Ipad last march/april, Ipad 2 this march
 
I'm sorry but apple will no longer be getting my money, The got me hooked on the shuffle and i was like hey for 50 dollars why not? needed a new mp3 player and what a mistake that was.

I'll pm anyone who wants to know the story behind it all but because of the shuffle i was very mad/upset with them, I do have a nano but i didn't pay for this one and the other one i did with my own money.
Oh I want to know too! Just tell us! (or pm me)
 
Well since you all ask pretty much with the shuffle they give you this little stand to charge it and i had it charging for a hour maybe two and i came back got the ipod it worked like they said, Then i got bored with it wanted to play some games at my desk and some how the little stand fell onto my floor when it was on my desk, I stepped on it *I never wear shoes in my room* and i can't tell you how bad it hurt.

After i was over the pain i was like "Why don't i give apple a call and have them replace it since i can't use it with out that thing." Called them up they asked me for numbers of my ipod i was hoping yes finally someone will help me!, then when i got over that they told me since it was already open and it didn't come broken i would of had to get another one online and same with walmart since it was already open i couldn't return it.

So i ended up trashing it and then in a year or so family got me a nano and i like a lot more than the shuffle but the shuffle i paid for it just made me mad they did that to me.

Also that was my first apple product other than a computer, we used to have a G3 but it burned out since it was pretty old but we got it from my brother because he got a new mac :)
 
You know, Angeal, you're like the third person who had a painful story involving a shuffle. And they involve the same thing: stepping on it barefoot. Apple made the shuffle too small I guess. (And yeah, they ended up getting a Nano from family, which they loved even more than the shuffle).
 
Well since you all ask pretty much with the shuffle they give you this little stand to charge it and i had it charging for a hour maybe two and i came back got the ipod it worked like they said, Then i got bored with it wanted to play some games at my desk and some how the little stand fell onto my floor when it was on my desk, I stepped on it *I never wear shoes in my room* and i can't tell you how bad it hurt.

After i was over the pain i was like "Why don't i give apple a call and have them replace it since i can't use it with out that thing." Called them up they asked me for numbers of my ipod i was hoping yes finally someone will help me!, then when i got over that they told me since it was already open and it didn't come broken i would of had to get another one online and same with walmart since it was already open i couldn't return it.

So i ended up trashing it and then in a year or so family got me a nano and i like a lot more than the shuffle but the shuffle i paid for it just made me mad they did that to me.

Also that was my first apple product other than a computer, we used to have a G3 but it burned out since it was pretty old but we got it from my brother because he got a new mac :)


So you're mad because you dropped their product, stepped on it, broke it, and got hurt, and you wanted apple to replace it and they said no? I'm sorry but companies don't usually replace things for user caused damage, not apple, not anyone. Also you can buy the dock for $20. Oh and BTW you can use one of those USB to 3.55mm data cables too, you don't have to use the apple dock.
 
Last edited:
no. he is mad because apple uses a stupid proprietary headphone jack connector thing, and the only way to get a new one is to buy a whole new ipod.

At least that is how i read it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top