Can someone help me decide on a new computer?

That is a decent price for the build there. However, building it yourself would allow for you to add some better components for sure. Here is a quick build I threw together:

http://oi53.tinypic.com/jrczdw.jpg

You would just need to add a mobo when more revised lga 1155 mobos start showing up. You could also save a few bucks if you get a lower end core i5 sandy bridge if you do not plan to overclock. You are probably looking at $1050-1100 but you are getting better components all around not to mention the learning experience of building it yourself.
 
What HuckleBerry posted for a build is solid as hell. I use the intel/sandy bridge and im very happy. Yea sadly there is a recall on the Mobo meaning I have to send mine back soon but that cpu has out performed the I7 980 extreme I think its called. Get the K version so you can overclock it, mine runs 4ghz on air-cooling with no problems and could go higher.

also shave off some money and use this memory

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m_re=g_skill_ddr3_1600-_-20-231-428-_-Product
 
Get a Mac......


Jk Jk you should build it like reflex said, its a lot of fun, and a lot cheaper. If you need help with that you could post in phobus's build thread he usually knows a lot about that, or just ask someone who has built a computer, like reflex. (Don't ask me, I built a computer twice and had to rebuild both of them twice. lol) That build hick suggested looks like it will work well, and costs almost the same as the one you suggested from compusa, and is a lot more powerful.
 
Last edited:
Huck's build is great. I'm running almost the same system! Playing Metro 2033 playable frames on ultra high :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top