I have a Crossfire question. (GPU Crossfire, not the game.)

VP :3

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
4,834
Ok, so I wanna buy a 2nd AMD Radeon HD 6850 to Crossfire them. I have a 700W PSU ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V, but I want to know if I need a bigger PSU to handle a Crossfire. Like if I need to step it up yo 1000W. Can anybody answer?
 
assuming your PSU is of decent quality, it is way more than enough.

EDIT: yea, you are definetly fine
 
Max load is when everything is at 100%. How isn't that a realistic max load? o.O
 
I guess you don't know the meaning of max load. It's not a good representation of a game load or average load, because that's not what a max load is. Herp derp.
 
as i would add from my personall experience:

Don't push your PSU to the limit. If you have for example 500 Watt and your entire system uses 490, it's most likely going to break faster then u have 750 Watt and your system uses 490. don't push it to the limits, buy big enough for more options later to!
 
Back
Top