REALISM Week 4--Axis Promotions

YoSpankDawg

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2,019
ALL Axis participants...excellent job tonight. The rest of you who missed it are prolly gonna wish you hadn't. :/ Almost everybody got to play both rounds tonight too, so...y'all need to come to these things!!! This is a full team effort, so I'd love it if more than just 1/4 of the team were to show up. :confused1:

But alas, promotions/recognition of all who were present tonight at realism AND today at Euro Realism:

OFFICER PROMOTIONS​
Spartacus_Legolas - Oberleutnant [Oblt.] - There was no single event leading to this promotion as Spartacus regularly does everything asked of him and some things that aren't--he gives input on strategy, he leads those under him, he steps aside to let squad leaders he outranks lead, he is willing to jump out of server to get other people involved, he sticks around in case we need a quick sub, he always has a good attitude, he attends pretty much every night and strat meetings, and he also is one of the best guys on that battlefield every night.
23moish.png


Mr. Boe Jangles - Leutnant [Lt.] - I'm not gonna lie--Boe Jangles isn't our ace-in-the-hole crack shot (some people have begun to question if his killstats on his sig are a typo for somebody of his rank), but he really is a leader out there, and leader = officer in war by my view. Anybody who has something to say about his 0.3 KDR needs to look at his ribbons and note (black middle stripe inside the red/blue outer stripes) that we've never lost a map Boe Jangles has participated in. The dude's 4-0. Plus, if we awarded ranks based on divisional joke tolerance, he'd outrank me by now. O_o
2ykf2x3.png


NCO PROMOTIONS​
Smilodon - Feldwebel [Fwbl.] - I really don't even know what to say about Smilo by this point...the guy is like Captain Clutch or something. If you have been around in Realism, you know exactly what I mean. If you HAVEN'T, here are two more examples from tonight:
1) The time when he rocketed a sniper who was staring down scope at him...lived to tell about it...and then rocketed the guy with the sniper to finish off our Anvil defense round.
2) Or how about on Campazzo when he fired into the fog and nailed Boyle with his MG. Then he turns around, shoots a rocket like 200-300 feet away and knocks the last Allied player (who he couldn't possibly have seen) down to like 2 health. That same player medic'd up, and then tried to run around the church, but Smilo put a rocket out in front of him and nailed him. Now...he admitted this was just luck (no way could he have possibly seen him), but...it looked like he had heat-seeking missiles lol.
2cgg8y1.png


BL4SPH3MY - Unterfeldwebel [Ufwb.] - Blas exemplifies the Axis spirit every week (translation: "What a troll."). He also leads the team in apologizing for "being so bad" (even if he just went 4-0).
x5qtyf.png


gavin gillies - Unterfeldwebel [Ufwb.] - gavin is pretty quiet but I think we can break him of that--I want to see how he'll do as a squad leader. :)
20923ux.png


Homicidal Bunny - Unterfeldwebel [Ufwb.] - Homicidal is one of those consistently inconsistent players...he sits quietly for a while and flies under the radar...but then just before you forget he is around he suddenly finds a little pack of Allies and mows them all down. Then you're left sitting there thinking, "Ok...wow. What just happened?" because he runs back to his assigned spot and says nothing, as if it never even happened. Lol keep it up dude.
nzlysm.png


BeeF915 - Unteroffizer [Uffz.] - BeeF hasn't been around a lot, but he really stepped it up and played well tonight.
jr88c9.png


B Zerker - Unteroffizer [Uffz.] - B Zerk is one of those guys you find on any team/organization who doesn't say much, isn't really flashy, but comes, does his job, and helps to make the whole machine run smoothly.
14oaczl.png


Copper Ale - Unteroffizer [Uffz.] - Lol, Copper is the master of special events. He was at last week's special event...and today's Euro Realism...but has yet to show up to a Realism night. :P He really earned this promotion tonight though, let me tell you. In Euro Realism today, his team was faced with the task of clearing an attic you had to enter via a ladder. They chose to skip the certain death trap.

Not Copper.

First he picks off a guy trying to peek...then he dodges a few nades...then he baits a few allies down the ladder and takes them out. The last one, realizing that 3-4 of his teammates have been massacred by this one guy (who had the lower ground), decides to stay in the attic and play it safe. Copper goes to the other attic ladder and throws a smoke nade that was totally not intended to go up through the opening (*WINK*) to draw attention to that ladder. He then flies up the other ladder and takes out the prone BAR in the dark corner. It was a masterpiece.
344zh38.png


ENLISTED PROMOTIONS​
Abdul - Obergefreiter [Ogef.] - This was Abdul's first night but both this evening and today in Euro he did a great job following instructions and getting the job done. Welcome him to the team, guys.
2cwtvyv.png


BlackBird. - Obergefreiter [Ogef.] - Black showed up for Euro Realism and we won't see him again, but he warned us that would be the case. In his brief appearance though, I learned that he's a pretty stinking solid player. It's a shame we couldn't get him around more.
154c48i.png


Nosh - Obergefreiter [Ogef.] - Nosh did a good job following directions again tonight, but I am certain he's Batman. He is real quiet and he always just suddenly has to go somewhere, lol
2v9vosi.png


General Specific - Oberschutze [Ostz.] - This was General's first time showing up, and hopefully he can make a few more.
rwksix.png




Ya know...just because the following guys didn't get promotions doesn't mean they didn't do great. Bad Brain absolutely cracked skulls tonight. Death_Keeper did an awesome job planning out an attack and defense. Blue Stealth finally showed and there was much rejoicing in the streets. (IO) SA was crazy-good. ST0RMY was key in planning and he and Heidi dispatched more than their fair share of enemies. Fluxion tore it up again. racing88 played very solid.
YoSpankDawg -
27wtywz.png

Bad Brain -
2wc2v5t.png

Death_Keeper -
so0osk.png

Blue Stealth -
219cbwg.png

(IO) SA -
w0lwdx.png

ST0RMY -
152jndh.png

Fluxion -
24estfr.png

racing88 -
f3gzcy.png
 
Last edited:
Thanks for promotion ^_^ and congrats everyone else!
 
I am Batman.

No, it was a miracle that I made it through all the rounds on Donner to be honest. I had to drive my wife to something about 2 hours from our house and there I played on.... Starbucks wifi! I had consistent ping around 60-100 for Donner. As soon as we switched to the counter-attack, some other guy in the shop started up his bit torrent and according to Vent, my ping was 1925. That is when I decided a substitute was in order.

Thank you (I believe) Blasphemy for picking up my spot so quickly.

and yes... using a mic while in a crowded Starbucks blasting John Mayer is what I deemed to be a bad idea.

Next time I am just going to stay home with my Fios connection.
 
gratz to all axis who got promoted!! That was a nice victory of yours last night.
 
Gratz everyone!:)
Sorry about my mic guys, I have a good mic but I have a office computer so it has a terrible sound card.:(

Smilodon - Feldwebel [Fwbl.] - I really don't even know what to say about Smilo by this point...the guy is like Captain Clutch or something. If you have been around in Realism, you know exactly what I mean. If you HAVEN'T, here are two more examples from tonight:
1) The time when he rocketed a sniper who was staring down scope at him...lived to tell about it...and then rocketed the guy with the sniper to finish off our Anvil defense round.
2) Or how about on Campazzo when he fired into the fog and nailed Boyle with his MG. Then he turns around, shoots a rocket like 200-300 feet away and knocks the last Allied player (who he couldn't possibly have seen) down to like 2 health. That same player medic'd up, and then tried to run around the church, but Smilo put a rocket out in front of him and nailed him. Now...he admitted this was just luck (no way could he have possibly seen him), but...it looked like he had heat-seeking missiles lol.

Thanks.:)
On Anvil I was just looking around and then I saw a head pop out, so I shot. But remember people, on realism when you see and kill a person, there are probably more.
As for Campazzo, I heard the Mg in that area, so when I got there I looked around and saw Boyle's Mg's barrel sticking out from behind some boxes.
Then as for my heat seeking missile's;), I have experience with Campazzo and there are usually people back in that corner. I shot my rocket heard a scream and "MEDIC", after I reloaded I guessed it was likely that he was running, and I guessed (I must be really good at guessing:biggrin:) the point at were he was running and shot.:cool:
 
As for Campazzo, I heard the Mg in that area, so when I got there I looked around and saw Boyle's Mg's barrel sticking out from behind some boxes.
Then as for my heat seeking missile's;), I have experience with Campazzo and there are usually people back in that corner. I shot my rocket heard a scream and "MEDIC", after I reloaded I guessed it was likely that he was running, and I guessed (I must be really good at guessing:biggrin:) the point at were he was running and shot.:cool:

Haha well that was a helluva guess. Factoring in the time it takes the rocket to travel, and he was sprinting you had to lead him pretty well and then also factoring in how much the rocket would fall you had to shoot off into some random area of fog that had to have lead to a "lolwut?" moment on your part when you really did guess it all right. haha
 
Congratz everyone! and thanks for following my hap-hazard orders, haha XD and Thanks to spank for giving me this chance to lead.


Good Job everyone! And Keep up the good work. There's only a few more territories left before our plans are completed.


Fur Das Volk!
 
Congrats all the guys who were promoted and to the team! Great stuff last night :)!!!

Nosh - Nosh... that sounded like a mission playing with Starbucks Wifi! Haha.
You'll always be our Batman dude ;) lol.

Smilodon - My gosh you really are Mr. Clutch with that rocket! I don't want to give too much emphasis on your ability to guess but, rather call it 'instincts'. On the battlefield, you've got good instincts. You use your map knowledge well, your tactical skills and awareness too. It's all key when using the rocket, which can both be an advantage to have, and vulnerable to use at times too.
You did very well :)

Death Keeper - Thanks for leading us out there! I think we did pretty well and I you did a great job leading us. Thanks again :)

Stormy - On Donner... wow, throwing a nade back and staying in bench alley... That's just some great stuff! hahaha I'm surprised you lived through that, lol. Great stuff man :)






23moish.png
 
Last edited:
Congratulations on both victories Axis! Nice job guys.
 
Stormy - On Donner... wow, throwing a nade back and staying in bench alley... That's just some great stuff! hahaha I'm surprised you lived through that, lol. Great stuff man :)

OH hahahahahahaha yeah...so for all who weren't there (and also for the Allies, who are not familiar with all that happened)...

ST0RMY was in that little room by courtyard (Donner) looking down bench alley. He's prone with Heidi and Mr. Boe Jangles is standing right over him as personal protector/backup MG if ST0RMY dies. The Allies, sure enough, come around the corner to bench alley and ST0RMY takes a few out. One of them launches a nade that gets right inside the building and in ST0RMY's face. Boe Jangles (and a few others) yell, "NADE!" and he runs into the courtyard. STORMY, however, dismounts, tosses that puppy back out into bench alley, remounts, and shoots another Ally trying to advance, likely assuming that ST0RMY bailed.

Now, my favorite part was what came next. After all this shooting and multiple people yelling (and a simultaneous contact on street-side)...it gets dead silent.

Mr. Boe Jangles: "Oh hey, I guess I'll get the next one that comes instead of running away."

lawl
 
Back
Top