Subwoofer

Muffs

Poster Extraordinaire
=(eGO)=
Joined
Aug 11, 2010
Messages
3,061
I just thought of this today... has anyone played any games eGO supports using a subwoofer? if so post pics please :P
 
A subwoofer? What? lol? I don't think the games support surround sound.
 
Source does.

And subwoofers don't give positional audio. They should be for sounds that are under ~50-60Hz, and that's it. You shouldn't be hearing male voices on the sub, that's a sign of a bad speaker set because the crossover point is really high, which makes everything too bassy, but they're usually bad speakers so it makes it boomy bass, which will sound good for about .00001ms.
 
I was just thinking that it might be cool to play like css using one.. but then again i know nothing about them.
 
I was there at one time where I wanted an overwhelming amount of bass in everything because it sounded cool, and if you could get a system that didn't distort bass sounds, it was a sign of "power" (I guess)

Honestly, a sub is cool, but I sometimes think subwoofers outside of cinematic audio is a waste of space. Seriously, I'm actually more content with the pure bass sound that comes through my headset than the massive 8" sub on my Logitech Z-2300's. The bass on the Z-23's is amazingly clear and doesn't ever distort at any level, but my headset (creative fatality headset) reproduces the lows more accurately.

Subs are cool, but now that I've been there and done that, I think they're overrated. I've actually thought about ditching these speakers for a nice set of reference speakers that sit by my monitor.
 
I think you problem is that you have Logitech speakers. The crossover point is a lot higher than it should be. Boomy bass = not good.
 
I'm an audiophile. Yes, I have subwoofers for my games and music. FEEL THE GUNSHOTS.
 
I think you problem is that you have Logitech speakers. The crossover point is a lot higher than it should be. Boomy bass = not good.

I've gone through and balanced the output so that there is virtually no break like you've described. The bass is not boomy if you balance it well. It's actually fairly good. The problem is that the system was never designed for a flat eq. Because of that you can only fine tune it so much before it begins to distort at certain frequencies. I can tell you that the bass is turned way down compared to what it normally is.

If I had the money, I would buy a better setup. Unfortunately, I live in the real world, and these speakers are leftovers from my college years. Their saving grace is that they're 6 years old and they still work perfectly. I've never had a speaker system do that before.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top