Looking for someone experienced with Linux

Bonk

I made one post
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
14
Bolding the actual description of the problem for sake of tl;dr
I've had a problem I've been trying to solve for close to 6 months now with Linux and my computer, and I have yet to even locate the cause yet. Hopefully there is someone here knowledgeable in this field.

Before I describe the issue, my specs (the ones that pertain, at least):
Foxconn C51GU01 Mobo
Radeon HD 5570
AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+

I really have no idea when it started, because I have 9.10 dual-booted, and alone, for a month or two before it happened. I think it started after a kernel update. At a seemingly random amount of usage, my mouse freezes up, followed by the keyboard freezing. Unplugging and plugging them back in results in the lights on them flickering, and then going dead.

How I've attempted to solve it:
Try 1: Reinstalling
Try 2: Different mouse and keyboard
Try 3: Decompiling and recompiling the DSDT, after fixing the single error
Try 4: The above, followed by recompiling the kernel because I didn't know you needed to
Try 5: Giving up

I really have no clue what's causing it. I was positive it was the DSDT tables, but it wasn't.
 
The mouse is a razer diamondback 3g, and the keyboard is a razer lycosa. But like I said, I've tried it with different mouses and keyboards. The only thing I have really yet to try is a PS/2 mouse, if I could find one.
 
I think I see the problem. :P

Do any issues happen with your kb/m in Windows?
 
By 9.1, I assume you mean Ubuntu 9.1?

What X-Server are you using, KDE or Gnome?
 
Double posting for a bump. I've been really busy this month, but I'm downloading a kde distro right now.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top