will I be able to use a ati 4850?

air_nith

Thread Junky
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
945
I was thinking about purchasing a HD 4850 radeon from newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0482&cm_re=4850_radeon-_-14-150-482-_-Product
but I'm not sure if my power supply can handle it very well,
the one I have currently is this :http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171046
I read on the ati website that 450 wats or greater is recomended: http://www.amd.com/us/products/desk...s/ati-radeon-hd-4850-system-requirements.aspx
do you think that it would have a hard time supplying power the card?
 
Don't worry protoman, Just barrow some power from megaman i'm sure he could supply you some since he has enough.
 
I'm not sure how much that power supply can actually put out, but it should be good as long as you don't overclock.
 
That power supply is decent, but not great.

It can reliably deliver close to 360ish watts.

Way more than enough for a single 4850+whatever other hardware you run/
 

Latest posts

Back
Top