Well after Anger and sadness i finally finished my computer

1195418001962np7zc1.png
 
Don't even remember this thread but it looks like everyone was trying to shove a better video card down your throat and out of your wallet lol. Good to know that you were ok with your build AND its good to know that you upgraded :)

Also good to know we can revive a thread for March lol
 
Im looking to get something better then my GTX 460... sadly, I know nothing about graphic cards
 
Options panzer would be a 560 ti, 6950, or 6970 in order of price and performance. 2gb 6950 is my recommendation at the moment. 560 ti is pretty close in performance, but only has 1gb vram which may soon be a limitation in games even at 1080p.
 
Actually Panzer if you want to upgrade i would probably just say get a 550Ti. It uses less power then your 460 and puts out higher graphics. :) When i used neweggs calculator it sed i needed a reccomended PSU of 430Watts. So i just decided i would get the GTX 550Ti. If you would like to calculate your system ill post a link. :)


ALSO I wont be playing at 1080P sadly. the highest res on my monitor ( which is my brand new ) is 1680x1050 MAX res. So i can still play at 720p But i cant wait to be able to play BF3. Cant wait to get back into the Bf division! :D Gotta get me some recruits
 
Last edited:
Actually Panzer if you want to upgrade i would probably just say get a 550Ti. It uses less power then your 460 and puts out higher graphics. :) When i used neweggs calculator it sed i needed a reccomended PSU of 430Watts. So i just decided i would get the GTX 550Ti. If you would like to calculate your system ill post a link. :)


ALSO I wont be playing at 1080P sadly. the highest res on my monitor ( which is my brand new ) is 1680x1050 MAX res. So i can still play at 720p But i cant wait to be able to play BF3. Cant wait to get back into the Bf division! :D Gotta get me some recruits

That depends. Some of the higher 550Ti's can outperform most mid-range 460's but in the grand scheme of things, they are the same card. Panzer wouldn't get a performance increase from it, but he would save money on the electric bill :)

Btw the optimal resolution for the 550Ti is 1680x1050. It can reach higher resolutions of course, but for the best performance, that is the resolution to be at, or lower :P
 
That depends. Some of the higher 550Ti's can outperform most mid-range 460's but in the grand scheme of things, they are the same card. Panzer wouldn't get a performance increase from it, but he would save money on the electric bill :)

Btw the optimal resolution for the 550Ti is 1680x1050. It can reach higher resolutions of course, but for the best performance, that is the resolution to be at, or lower :P

Awesome. Thanks for the info. :D Im planning on getting the EVGA 550Ti one. Customer award choice one.
 
Actually Panzer if you want to upgrade i would probably just say get a 550Ti. It uses less power then your 460 and puts out higher graphics. :) When i used neweggs calculator it sed i needed a reccomended PSU of 430Watts. So i just decided i would get the GTX 550Ti. If you would like to calculate your system ill post a link. :)


ALSO I wont be playing at 1080P sadly. the highest res on my monitor ( which is my brand new ) is 1680x1050 MAX res. So i can still play at 720p But i cant wait to be able to play BF3. Cant wait to get back into the Bf division! :D Gotta get me some recruits

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4221/nvidias-gtx-550-ti-coming-up-short-at-150

No, do not get a 550 ti. Overclocked it might come close to a STOCK 460 768 mb version. It uses less power because it is a worse card. Definitely not a good buy.
 
I have a 6950 with 2gb's and i must say this card is a beast. I would recommend it for any build looking to perform nice.
 
a 560 is the same die as a 460

just a bit higher clocks,

Don't waste your money, get a GTX 460, or a GTX 560 Ti
 

That site is not useful. It has a gtx 580 rated higher than a 6990....

You need to look at actual sites where they provide fps for comparison such as the review site I linked to.

As reflex said, 560 is not a good buy. Here is a comparable card for much cheaper:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131378
 
That site is not useful. It has a gtx 580 rated higher than a 6990....

You need to look at actual sites where they provide fps for comparison such as the review site I linked to.

As reflex said, 560 is not a good buy. Here is a comparable card for much cheaper:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131378


Well What about a 6950? You think my 500W PSU with all the nick nacks ive got with it will work fine? i dont wanna fry my computer
 
I would definitely recommend a 6950. Get the 2GB if you can if you play at 1080p as it may be useful in the near future if you like to turn up all the graphics. This also is not a bad option for a 560 Ti and it comes with the new batman game:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16814125401

Well yeah but I still dont wanna fry any of my computer components. :P If i do i wont be able to buy a new one unless i sell one of my own dirtbikes. Which i will never do unless i have to have a surgery or somethin. lol. But yeah idk i want a 6950 but My budget is like 350$ max. And my budget is already down 100$ for the razer mamba im getting. :/ I wanna still though be able to play BF3 on high sets and record it at medium sets :D
 
I would have recommended the logitech g700 at $50 on amazon which I just purchased.

Your 500w psu will be fine for any of these cards assuming it is a fairly decent model psu. A 6950 will only run you $250 tops, but if not, that 560 Ti I linked to for $200 or $180 AR should be a good buy.
 
Nice system, your card could use improvement but you don't need to play games on high to have fun
 
hey man, id definately reccomend at least a 6850, I picked an open box Asus one on newegg in july and it is amazing. I play at 1680 x 1050 and it can handle all the games I play on medium to high settings. Heres a link to my card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121419

basically, depending on the amount of ram your running, Im using a very similar setup to yours. I have a phenom 2 925 processor and 4gb ddr3 ram. You can expect some awesome performance from a 6850 at your resolution.

Edit: I'm not 100% sure on BF3 performance of this card as i only played the beta, but it ran it quite well on medium-high settings.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top