I think it's time to talk web browsers

Ph?bus

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
4,155
So, which do you guys use? And I'm not interested if you're using FireFox, Chrome, IE, or Safari. I want to hear about something new/different, such as Palemoon, Rockmelt, etc.

Has anyone used any of those browsers? Again, no boring browsers. :P
 
Mainstream browsers are hardly boring browsers. A tiny percentage of people will be using anything other than Chrome, Firefox, IE and Opera. Maybe Safari here and there if they're silly.
 
I use palemoon, and I do think that it is quicker than firefox, and you can still use everything firefox uses like ABP and Unplug. I like it.
 
Mainstream browsers are hardly boring browsers. A tiny percentage of people will be using anything other than Chrome, Firefox, IE and Opera. Maybe Safari here and there if they're silly.

It was a joke. -_-
 
So, which do you guys use? And I'm not interested if you're using FireFox, Chrome, IE, or Safari. I want to hear about something new/different, such as Palemoon, Rockmelt, etc.

Has anyone used any of those browsers? Again, no boring browsers. :P

Aside from the list you posted, I use Opera Browser (and my family uses Opera Mini on their cellphones).

It has all the features I need (included on install) and extensions for anything else.

I could make a giant post with everything I love about Opera, but it wasn't requested to do that by the OP ;)
 
Aside from the list you posted, I use Opera Browser (and my family uses Opera Mini on their cellphones).

It has all the features I need (included on install) and extensions for anything else.

I could make a giant post with everything I love about Opera, but it wasn't requested to do that by the OP ;)

I tired Opera for a month or two when 10.5 was new. It was pretty good. Really fast. But it had a lot of issues loading a lot of common websites I go on. It would just derp out and not do anything. >.<

So then I tried Chrome. Stuck with it until I started using Linux. Then I used Chromium and Rekonq. I really like Rekonq, the scrolling is so smooth. An odd reason to like a browser. lol.
 
I tired Opera for a month or two when 10.5 was new. It was pretty good. Really fast. But it had a lot of issues loading a lot of common websites I go on. It would just derp out and not do anything. >.<

So then I tried Chrome. Stuck with it until I started using Linux. Then I used Chromium and Rekonq. I really like Rekonq, the scrolling is so smooth. An odd reason to like a browser. lol.

Yea, I believe there were a few problems with the 10-11 versions. Most of the problems on websites were due to the website itself not being compatible, pretty saddening, but then I just tell Opera to mask itself as Firefox and all is good :rolleyes:.
 
I've used, Chrome,Firefox,Opera,Safari IE8 but now i have 9

But mainly i use IE9 now looks nice and i don't see any other reason not to use it.

But yeah phobus i should look into thoses 2 i haven't used.
 
I tried to get used to chrome after firefox crapped out on a couple of my systems, but I could never get fully used to it for some reason. It just didn't feel as user friendly as firefox.

So, I still use firefox. :)
 
I use chrome........i think its super user friendly lol

Firefox was my past........chrome is just so easy now and it just feels more polished than firefox now

I like that right when i type a letter, it automatically starts filling in websites and i just hit enter

Like i type Fa and facebook is already the first URL entered etc.....makes things a lot quicker and easier

Im open to try any new browsers though
 
Yea, I believe there were a few problems with the 10-11 versions. Most of the problems on websites were due to the website itself not being compatible, pretty saddening, but then I just tell Opera to mask itself as Firefox and all is good :rolleyes:.

That's pretty sad. I really liked that browser, it just didn't like me. :(

chrome plus is kinda cool

Isn't that the one that prisoner linked? Isn't it exactly the same, it just doesn't send anything to Google?

I've used, Chrome,Firefox,Opera,Safari IE8 but now i have 9

But mainly i use IE9 now looks nice and i don't see any other reason not to use it.

But yeah phobus i should look into thoses 2 i haven't used.

Other than the security reasons, I don't see the point in not using IE9, either. :P

RockMelt is pretty cool. It's like Chrome + Facebook. If you use Facebook a lot, I'd recommend it.

I use chrome........i think its super user friendly lol

Firefox was my past........chrome is just so easy now and it just feels more polished than firefox now

I like that right when i type a letter, it automatically starts filling in websites and i just hit enter

Like i type Fa and facebook is already the first URL entered etc.....makes things a lot quicker and easier

Im open to try any new browsers though

And it's super simple, too. It's more of the web, and less of the browser itself.

I used FireFox in the past, too. But only because it's what I knew. Then I hopped on Opera after a little dabbling of Chrome. Chromium is just the best platform in my opinion.

That feature, auto-fill, it's pretty standard, actually.

Lol oops! I just typed in 'f' and it started loading Facebook (that new Instant feature is pretty cool. hitting enter is for losers! :P ), and it took me away from this post. But, it stored all the entered text. Chromium ftw!

So am I. New browsers are fun. It's interesting to see the innovations of other browsers.
 
Oh wait!!

Neoplanet ran small ads in the corner. The virus is flyswat browser helper. Its basically a small adware engine that runs inside the Neoplanet engine. While not something I would want on the computer, it probably can't run on Vista or Win 7.

I still took down the link to be safe.

Again, sorry - I wasn't trying to post anything fishy.
 
Oh wait!!

Neoplanet ran small ads in the corner. The virus is flyswat browser helper. Its basically a small adware engine that runs inside the Neoplanet engine. While not something I would want on the computer, it probably can't run on Vista or Win 7.

I still took down the link to be safe.

Again, sorry - I wasn't trying to post anything fishy.

The browser had built-in ads? How lame. Is it at least a neat browser?

I installed it, and MSE immediately removed the Flyswat thing. I had to go into the task manager to close it. Do not like.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top