AT&T will cap DSL and U-Verse internet

I'm in Canada too. Check out my "plan":

$40 CDN/month.
25GB bandwidth limit (Yup, twenty-five. Not a typo).
I pay $10 more for 80GB extra.
10Mbps down/0.5? Mbps up.
 
I have the 250GB Comcast cap. I have to watch it towards the end of the month -- especially when a good Steam sale comes up. I'm still installing games from the Christmas sale! between Netflix, Boxee, Steam, iTunes, and my personal MC server I use a lot of bandwidth.
 
I think they (Comcast) is worried because everyone is watching TV via their internet connection now. Cable (i.e., television) is on the road to extinction - YAY - the thieving @#$&^%!!
 
I think they (Comcast) is worried because everyone is watching TV via their internet connection now. Cable (i.e., television) is on the road to extinction - YAY - the thieving @#$&^%!!

Not really that, but cable companies like Comcast, Charter, Time Warner, all have to pay for bandwidth where as fiber optics like FiOS and phone lines (DSL) dont have to pay for bandwidth.
 
I'm in Canada too. Check out my "plan":

$40 CDN/month.
25GB bandwidth limit (Yup, twenty-five. Not a typo).
I pay $10 more for 80GB extra.
10Mbps down/0.5? Mbps up.

Ouch. I have how this is happening. It's going to make websites and things like WoW and any online game suffer.
 
Wow, I thought we had it sucky over here.

I have 50MB cable and there's no usage limit. Not sure how much it is but it's ridiculously cheap as my Dad works for my ISP.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top