Realism AXIS Important Announcements

YoSpankDawg

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2,019
First of all...the LAST BATTLES OF CAMPAIGN 4 are this Saturday. That's it. Then it's done. The time to show what you've got is in this last battle. If you signed up for Realism, and you were assigned to the Axis team, then you need to be there on Saturday.

Not just that, but everybody needs to attend our meeting, Friday night, 7pm EST (usually about an hour long). We've seen what happens when we don't show up to meetings to know the game plan.

If you cannot make the meeting, but are going to be around Saturday, let me know and we will work out special arrangements (but this is only under "I absolutely can't make the meeting" circumstances). There is just four days left. Four days left to finish up what we started, or to throw it all away. How do you want to be remembered?



LAST...some of you have noticed a disparity between our ranks and the Allied ranks. I want to make something very clear to people from both sides--you cannot compare people of one rank to their equivalent on the other side.

Boyle and the Allied Command Staff have their criteria and reasoning and, quite frankly, there is nothing wrong with "their" system. It's just different than "ours", is all. And that's the key to my point--you can't compare "similar" ranks when the reasoning for their being awarded is so different. We don't award EVERYBODY who participated in a particularly good week. There's nothing bad with the Allies having done that--it's just not how we do things.

From the beginning we told you that you'd have to fight for those higher ranks. You don't get promotions by mere presence. You don't even have to rack up X kills to make the next rank. These are the usual measuring tools and, by those criteria, most of you guys would be officers in most systems. Allies have 13 officers, 13 NCOs and 10 Enlisteds. There's nothing wrong with that. But...would you rather get to say, "I am one of the 20% of our team who has gotten to Major or higher!" or "Wow...I am only dude who has been promoted to Major." because we have promoted 5 officers, 13 NCOs and 20 Enlisteds.

Sorry this part has been so long. I just wanted to clear that up--to let you know that you ARE very much appreciated and recognized. Heck, SSGs call the shots during the rounds most of the time. That should tell ya something. I'd bet that you guys have more say/control/leadership than even most of the Allies officers. This isn't any bash on them either because, again, it's a different system.

So Axis--don't say "Howcome ____ on the Allies is Major and I am still just a SGT?!" And Allies--don't interpret any of this as "you're doing it wrong" or that our system is any better. That's not my intent and I've had nothing but respect for you guys throughout this campaign.



(4 more days)
 
I'll be there ;)

4 days to get better with that damn rifle!
 
Yes, 2 more of my cents (im running out of change)

You guys have been the most welcoming and fun group of guys,
7 Weeks ago I walked into a full server of people I did not know (except like 3 or 4)
SMALL FISH IN A BIG OCEAN, WAY OVER MY HEAD!
but instantly I was put on a squad with someone I knew that could direct me to learn how realism works,
where to go, what to do, and when to be quiet. This is very important to realism type events because of the learning curve of an outsider.

I also felt, as soon as I joined that squad I was instantly "in" with your group, accepted, that was it.
As all of you know, I am CS:S and lately theres been some thin ice regarding this,
what Im trying to explain is your actions speak WAY LOUDER than words, ie your jokes
I am here in this family, I have been promoted several times, not because I have a high KDR or know everything about realism, but im assuming it was because I am ready to listen and communicate when my squad leader gets shot in the butt and is crying on the ground "sorry Compton, I love you"

Main point, Lets rally together AS ONE and LETS DO THIS!!!!!!
 
Last edited:
Yes, 2 more of my cents (im running out of change)

You guys have been the most welcoming and fun group of guys,
7 Weeks ago I walked into a full server of people I did not know (except like 3 or 4)
SMALL FISH IN A BIG OCEAN, WAY OVER MY HEAD!
but instantly I was put on a squad with someone I knew that could direct me to learn how realism works,
where to go, what to do, and when to be quiet. This is very important to realism type events because of the learning curve of an outsider.

I also felt, as soon as I joined that squad I was instantly "in" with your group, accepted, that was it.
As all of you know, I am CS:S and lately theres been some thin ice regarding this,
what Im trying to explain is your actions speak WAY LOUDER than words, ie your jokes
I am here in this family, I have been promoted several times, not because I have a high KDR or know everything about realism, but im assuming it was because I am ready to listen and communicate when my squad leader gets shot in the butt and is crying on the ground "sorry Compton, I love you"

Main point, Lets rally together AS ONE and LETS DO THIS!!!!!!
Might I just say "Axis poster child"
 
Back
Top