HD Adapter Question:

Mr.Game

Forum Fiend
Joined
Feb 2, 2011
Messages
695
I'm wanting make sure if this will work or not since I have little knowledge of hard
drive adapters.

Scenario: I am going to be buying an additional hard drive for my computer. I only
have enough room for the current HD inside the computer.
I have an eSATA port on the back of the computer, and a place to store an
internal hard drive (for the time) in another case sitting close by.

My question, will this hard drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136320

... be compatible with an eSATA adapter such as this:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-P952-003-eSATA-Signal/dp/B00119P6SU[/ame]


:confused1:
 
It should, but no guarantees.
Why not just ghetto rig it inside your case? Or are you out of SATA ports or something? lol
 
It should, but no guarantees.
Why not just ghetto rig it inside your case? Or are you out of SATA ports or something? lol

Well...

If you see this:
http://edgegamers.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1722399&postcount=1297

... OR this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883114070

... You'd understand my situation a little clearer.


I currently am in the process of building a new rig, so far I have an Antec P180-
Mini and an OCZ PSU (tested and both work just fine). I want to get a HD
since Newegg gave me a $25-off coupon (for a purchase of $50+).

By getting the HD this early in the build process, I'd be able to transfer over my
current data and make sure it works. If it didn't work, then I'd be able to RMA it
instead of having it laying around in its box for a few months waiting on me to
complete my build, then to find out it's broken.
 
Are you buying over a long period of time? Do not do that! You'll waste money. Just save up a good amount and buy everything at once.
 
I agree on both counts, It should work, yes. And, don't buy parts over an extended period because if you save and buy at one time you will get much better gear for the same price you paid for the (by the time you get it all) older outdated parts.
 
I plan to buy everything else at once since I can't test each item
individually to see if they work or not.

I also am running out of HD space on my current computer, so I thought
it'd be nice to use this coupon (mentioned earlier) before it expires.


My budget is incredibly tight so it'll be a while before I get anything else.
At least a micro-ATX build is cheap and easy to tote to LAN parties.
 
esata will not run directly to that drive.


Something like this will allow you to use regular hdd's (like the one you posted) with USB2.0. (they also have a version with eSATA, and another with firewire)
 
esata will not run directly to that drive.


Something like this will allow you to use regular hdd's (like the one you posted) with USB2.0. (they also have a version with eSATA, and another with firewire)

Links? (Trying to stay under $10 for the adapter)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top