Dedicated Power Supply?

Mr.Game

Forum Fiend
Joined
Feb 2, 2011
Messages
695
I've been seeing all sorts of chatter about Power Supply
Units, then I stumbled upon dedicated PSU's...

I haven't seen much information about them, so I
wanted to hear from someone who had more knowledge
regarding them.


Are there benefits?
Are there risks?
Is buying one worth it?
 
usually you use them to power only your GPU or CPU.

If you are running out of power, and you don't want to buy a whole new unit, they can be a cost effective way of adding more power.
 
usually you use them to power only your GPU or CPU.

If you are running out of power, and you don't want to buy a whole new unit, they can be a cost effective way of adding more power.

This I do know, but my original questions were
if there are any risks or benefits to getting one.
 
I can't think of any risks and the only benefit would be that if you lack the power you could buy one of them rather than buy a whole new PSU and it would still get the job done. It would however require the use of a 5.25 drive bay so if you didn't have one to spare then that could be a problem. They have fans on them for cooling but I would assume they may still increase the ambient case temp a small amount.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top