Maxing out BC2

reflex99

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
4,044
So, today a little present from OCN showed up in the mail. A GTX 260.

For lolz, i throw it in my rig, install drivers, and go edit my BC2 ini file with all settings turned to max, and change DX mode to 10 from 11. (GTX 260 only supports DX10 and lower.)

Fire up BC2, and it runs fine at max settings.


Now here is the question:

Ph?bus says that i cannot max out BC2 on a GTX260 because I am running it in DX10, and to max it out, you need to be in DX11.

My argument is that as long as i have all of the options available turned to the "max", i have "maxed out" the game.

So what do you guys think?
 
Last edited:
Aren't you "turning down" the dx level? So no, you aren't maxing it. If its in max DX for the game, max resolution (for your monitor, I'd assume no less than 1920x1080), max AF and max AA, max everything else, you've maxed the game. IMHO.
 
The card doesn't support DX11, so i cannot turn it up.

I have every setting available to me turned to the highest it can go.
 
I would say for the card, it is maxed to it's limitations of BC2 with DX10.

But the game itself however, is not.


It depends on the way you word your sentence then.
 
I agree with Mr. Game. The 'game is not maxed out', but the 'game is maxed out without DX11' are two different kinds of MAXIMUM POOOOWEEEEEER.
 
Slightly different shadowing effects between DX9, 10, and 11. I guess I get to go do a couple tests now to see if DX11 runs better than DX10 on my 5870.

brb. :)
 
Why dont you just keep your old cart and run at DX11?

Because I wanted to test out the 260 before putting it in my folding rig.

And i have never owned a 2XX series card before. I was running ATi the whole time though that.


I actually prefer the 260 to the 6870, but the 6870 has eyefinity, so i use that one instead.
 
No reason, it just has a better feel to it.


Not better than my 3850, but better than the 6870.

(probably because the 6870 is strained running at 5304x1050, and the 260 is running only 1/3 of that lol)

The 260 also looks better compared to my ghetto 6870 with aftermarket cooler.
 
Back
Top