So i Just got a thunderbolt.

reflex99

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
4,044
(the phone not the stupid Apple interconnect thing)

THIS PHONE IS FREAKIN' AMAZING! I live in an area where there is a lot of 4G coverage, and the 4G is so fast! 3G is actually painful now.

inb4OMGyoushouldhavewaitedforbionic

I would wait for the bionic, but i had already been waiting for a new phone for 2 months, and i would probably have died if i had to wait another 2+


In other news, my mom bought a Xoom. So much nicer than iPads. (Yes, i have used one for an extensive period of time). Tegra 2 kicks some serious ass. I don't care that the A5 is "faster", if you don't have applications to leverage it, it is useless.
 
Pics or it didn't happen.

I've heard that Honeycomb holds the tablet back. How does it work, from a non-professional reviewer's standpoint?
 
Holds it back? Not really sure what you mean. It destroys at 3D applications, noticable faster than the TB is. It sucks that it is only 3G, but the LTE upgrade will fix that.

The honeycomb UI is beautiful, if phone android looked like that, iOS would die. The extra screen space is REALLY nice, all of the apps are better layed out to take advantage of the space.

I am probably going to buy one for myself when i get enough $$$.
 
I mean that it has a lot of bugs and whatnot. It doesn't feel finished/polished.
 
Bugs, nothing that effects the experience, like in the engadget video, some of the album art is glitched, but that doesn't really change anything for me.

I haven't noticed anything bad yet.

I would say it is far more polished than 2.3 or 2.2.
 
I've heard the screen just looks, washed out for lack of a better word in comparisons with the iPad. I've also heard that the Xoom has trouble viewing at angles and the screen becomes washed out FAST as the angle of your viewing increases. How does the screen look to you?
 
I will concede, the ipad screen does look a little nicer.

Not really washed out though, just less vivid.

Still, they are very close.

viewing angle seem fine. Viewable until like almost all the way
 
(the phone not the stupid Apple interconnect thing)

That stupid apple interconnect thing, is not apple, it's intel. FTFY


Apple just happened to be the first one to pioneer it in their computers, as other companies are starting to as well.
 
Last edited:
That stupid apple interconnect thing, is not apple, it's intel. FTFY


Apple just happened to be the firs tone to pioneer it.

you just had to turn this into an apple thing >.>


If i had just gotten the thunderbolt interface, it would have to be on an apple product since they are the only ones to use it.....
 
you just had to turn this into an apple thing >.>


If i had just gotten the thunderbolt interface, it would have to be on an apple product since they are the only ones to use it.....

I didn't turn it into an apple, thing, I actually did the opposite. And other manufactures are starting to use it, sony is coming out with one.
 
That isn't even out yet. How could I have purchased it if it isn't available.

:confused:
 
That isn't even out yet. How could I have purchased it if it isn't available.

:confused:

I understand. I wasn't confusing your post with you purchasing a thunderbolt equipped PC. I fully understand you purchased the HTC thunderbolt at verizon.

On a more related note, it looks like a HTC eVO just for verizon, and has similar specs. Is there anything different about it? (with the exception of the on board memory)
 
Last edited:
It has LTE instead of wimax.

You can use data and talk at the same time.

Mobile hotspot is free.

Case is a bit different

Kickstand is larger.

It has an 8MP camera (not sure what the evo has)
 
And it has a 1.2Ghz processor compared to the 1ghz on the EVO.
 
My Mobile hotspot is free, but verizon doesn't know that ;)

Depends on the phone on verizon, for my incredible you are supossed to pay for it.... But I rooted it last night! hmm I'm tempted to get the warm z or whatever rom that emulates Sense 2.0 basically. Anyone have any suggestion for ROMS?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top