corsair

The Slayer

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Messages
1,948
let's talk about corsair, any expierences, etc u can post here. I'd love to know since i got 2/3 things i bought from them, are like nothing worth.
 
i have bought dominator ddr2 and ddr3 desktop RAM and ddr3 mobile RAM from them, along with two 1000w power supplies. I believe at one time I might have had ddr1 xms RAM from them but that was a long time ago and I can't recall for sure. Everything I have ever purchased from corsair has worked flawlessly and has never failed.

Their RAM is top notch in terms of quality and reliability, and the same goes for their power supplies which boast some of the highest efficiency ratings in the market.

Nothing but good experience with them.

-Blue
 
They make great PSU's. I've never had a problem with any of their stuff. I've done four builds with Corsair PSU's and they all still work.
 
I have some DDR3 memory from them. It's pretty good so far.

And I've used 3 of their power supplies (CX400 back before the rest of the builder's series, two more CX430s) in build I've done for other people.
 
Have the H70 cpu cooler, only thing I didnt like was the stock fans, and got a MIR that arrived a few days ago. Also got myself a 1200watt PSU, still havnt built myself a new desk to play around with it yet but MIR as well is in. Never had an issue with the other products of theirs I have bought and will likly be getting several other things from them down the line.
 
In one sentence: Good for the most part, but often overpriced.

Detailed breakdown:

RAM: Usually Overpriced, high latencies, on even their high end sticks, command price premium for no reason.... 8/10 times i would say you could find better sticks for the same $$$

Power supplies: AX series, decent, but there are better options for all of them.
HX series, Better voltage regulation than AX series, better overall, as long as you don't care about Gold, these are better units.
TX, There are cheaper alternitaves to all of them, EXCEPT, the TX950 which offers a good value for the price.
VX, being phased out anyways, kinda dated now, and have been surpassed by their competitiors.
CX, CX400=epic win, every other CX=meh
GS: meh, there are cheaper/better options

Cases: Can't really comment here, they are high quality, and looks are personal preference.

CPU coolers: Overpriced for the performance they offer. H50 barely preforms better than standard air coolers. For the price of an H70, you could have spent $20 more and got a real water loop.


Customer serivce: Top notch. In my experience, they have handled everything well.

Rebates: i have got 4/4 back from them.
 
I hear they can be partially overpriced i really like some of their mid-tower cases though very nice.
 
what i ment is, the dominator ram memory is way overpriced, found the exact same RAM memory back with kingston for 69 € and mine dominator crap costed 250 € or something oO
 
We have some corsair memory here for the same price as OCZ or any other brand, and with beter specs. A while ago i wanted to upgrade my memory, but im not doing much lately with computers and gaming, so i let it go. Anyway, before i buy something i google a lot about it, and a lot of people say its good memory, and not always more expensive.
 
I have a TX 750 PSU, 4G XMS Ram, a F40 and F120 SSD, and a H50 and have really liked (well, the others more than the H50) them alot.
 
We have some corsair memory here for the same price as OCZ or any other brand, and with beter specs. A while ago i wanted to upgrade my memory, but im not doing much lately with computers and gaming, so i let it go. Anyway, before i buy something i google a lot about it, and a lot of people say its good memory, and not always more expensive.

note, the "usually"
 

Latest posts

Back
Top