Looking for a graphics card

Erich

EGO Zealot
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
1,767
I have a 32 bit windows vista pc and I am looking for a new graphics card.. I am currently running an ATI Radeon 3400 series. Any suggestions?
 
What is your max budget?
What is the rest of your system configuration? (PSU, CPU, Motherboard... Everything)
What is the max resolution on your primary monitor?
How many watts are supplied by your power supply?
How many +12v rails does your PSU have, and at what amperage?

If you don't know everything, just fill out as much as you can.
 
You can get some really good 1.2-1.4 gb video cards Radeon for like 250. I have a 4850 hd 1.2 gb which was 360
 
PCI-e or AGP?
If it's AGP you're pretty much done for :/
On the PCI-e side, if you're looking for some cheap graphics power the 4830 is a nifty little card that is pretty damn powerful. If you're looking for something more powerful, try the 6850, 5850 and 6870 radeons.
 
PCI-e or AGP?
If it's AGP you're pretty much done for :/
On the PCI-e side, if you're looking for some cheap graphics power the 4830 is a nifty little card that is pretty damn powerful. If you're looking for something more powerful, try the 6850, 5850 and 6870 radeons.

The HD 3400 series are PCI-E cards.
 
3400 is only natively PCIe, but AIB partners like Sapphire, used bridge chips to bridge from PCIe to AGP.
 
Could be an onboard card, just saying. You guys seem to freak out at the confusion. Also, if it is an onboard card, more than likely the mobo is using PCI-E.
 
Could be an onboard card, just saying. You guys seem to freak out at the confusion. Also, if it is an onboard card, more than likely the mobo is using PCI-E.

Nah, the highest 3000 series IGP is a HD 3300. I used to have one. I slapped a 3870 in that thing. :cool:
 

Latest posts

Back
Top