How much better?

VizierKane

EGO Zealot
Joined
Feb 6, 2009
Messages
1,932
is this simple gaming computer than this laptop?

I'm trying to get back into simple comp gaming (DoD, CSS and TF2) This is the laptop I used to play with

HP Pavilion dv5-1004nr
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (64-bit); 2.1GHz AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core ZM-80; 4096MB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz; 256MB ATI Radeon HD3200; 250GB Western Digital 5,400rpm

and this is the simple computer i want to get

Computer: http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD_Athlo… I might upgrade from dual-core to quad-core if that makes it better.
 
Last edited:
Hey man, that link is broken. You may have to take a screenshot of the parts list or list them all yourself -- the price of that setup would help! -- because I'm not sure of any way to make a normal link (aside from individual emails) on the iBuyPower site, unless they fixed that.

If you aren't looking to build your own computer and really just want to order one off iBuyPower, toss us your budget and any other details you'd like to include and I'm sure we can throw together the perfect build for those games. Running CS:S/TF2/DoD:S should be cake on any modern PC. The Source engine is aging -- aging well, but no less aging, and it wasn't even really taxing back in its prime time.
 
Can you link the actual computer? All it does is take me to the main page.

More than likely, the desktop that you get will be better than your laptop though.
 
Yeah I am going to build my own. The spec are going to be very similar to the pc I put above. I'm going to buy all the parts from fry's or something, I don't know yet. What ever is cheapest.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top