Internet drop out

Tricoro

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
718
so my inter net is been dropping like very 3 to 5 mins even lower i call comcast about it and they tell me theres nothing wrong with my modem do they tell me is the router so i buy a new one so it been running good until few week later it start it again i even reinstall windows and still dose it

so anyone got any suggestion plzzz

thanx in advance
 
If you bypass the router and plug the modem directly into the PC, what does it do?
 
If you bypass the router and plug the modem directly into the PC, what does it do?

+1

Also, run task manager for awhile. When you see the drop, do you see an increase in your cpu and/or memory usage?
 
If you bypass the router and plug the modem directly into the PC, what does it do?

it works fine form the modem but wen i put it in the router it just dose the same thing

anyways if u guys can help me on a router that i can buying a budget wat should i buy

oh and my budget is $40

thnx in advance
 
Woah woah woah.

Before you diagnosis a router as malfunctioned, could you go into detail?
What do you mean "my internet drops"?

As in, all Internet communication fails or it only happens in certain games, or what?

As I sum this together, please inform me if I'm incorrect:
You had a router, it "dropped your Internet" every 3 to 5 minutes. You called your ISP and then you bought yourself a new router. But the new router has suffered the same fate as the old one? Are you sure it isn't your ISP modem rejecting your router(s)? For instance, I use Bright House Lightning Professional, I can not use D-Link routers with my connection because Lightning doesn't like D-Link, so I had to buy a Linksys-N.
 
Last edited:
Woah woah woah.

Before you diagnosis a router as malfunctioned, could you go into detail?
What do you mean "my internet drops"?

As in, all Internet communication fails or it only happens in certain games, or what?

As I sum this together, please inform me if I'm incorrect:
You had a router, it "dropped your Internet" every 3 to 5 minutes. You called your ISP and then you bought yourself a new router. But the new router has suffered the same fate as the old one again? Are you sure it isn't your ISP modem rejecting your router(s)? For instance, I use Bright House Lightning Professional, I can not use D-Link routers with my connection because Lightning doesn't like D-Link, so I had to buy a Linksys-N.

well thats wut they toll me but no worries im still searching it no big deal im just going to try if i can get a new modem
 
If the issue is repeating itself across various new modems / routers and your ISP is telling you that it's still the router, said ISP is yanking your chain. D:
 

Latest posts

Back
Top