I need to host a repository

extremelyhotsauce

EGO Addict
Joined
Nov 27, 2009
Messages
1,295
Hi guys! Recently the development in a game I am the Project Manager on got a few new members that are really skilled. The game is called Insurgency Redeployment and it uses code and content from a earlier version (1.0c) of the mod Insurgency. Our first coder left us and went to work on new game being created by the original INS dev team and didn't give us the code base he had. So we have to start fresh, the good thing is we found a great coder who used to work on the Resistance and Liberation mod as a coder. And we have gotten two mappers, our team is up to about 5 people and we are really moving now. I think its time for us to set up a SVN repository for our code and content. I am only having one issue "How do I create a repository using Tortoise SVN?" I have looked for tutorials and haven't found anyones that work for me.

What I am looking for:
Being able to host the Repo from somewhere on my computer (so its free)
It has to be able to host over a estimated 7gigs
 
TortoiseSVN is a svn client not a server, the service I use for small projects is Beanstalk

Now to host on your own computer I would need to know what OS you're running.

If you have access to port forwarding on your router. If you dont have port forwarding access then you would have to use a vpn like Hamachi
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top