file extension help!!

shan^K

Forum Fiend
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
675
I need a little help with the file extension ENX. I used to own an Acer and it came with an encryption program called eDataSecurity. I used this program to encrypt my important files but later on down the road my computer had a motherboard problem and it refused to show information on the monitor. The PC would start but nothing would show on the monitor. So I got myself a new one. I took the HD and saved all my important stuff on my friends PC than transferred it to my new PC. But since this is not an Acer it refuses to open those files that have been encrypted by my previous computer. Anyone have any thoughts as to how I can go about opening these files. They are mostly jpgENX and txtENX.
 
You've tried to use the program to decrypt the files and it says it won't run because your PC isn't an Acer?
 
No I don't have that program because it only comes with Acers. My new one is a HP.
 
Reinstall eDataSecurity Management:

1
Navigate to Acer's "Service & Support" section here.

2
Click your product type -- notebook, netbook or desktop in the "Select Product Family" menu. Click the product line, such as Aspire or Extensa, in the "Select Product Line" menu. Select the product model in its corresponding menu. (Choose your original model before the update.)

3
Click the "Application" tab. Find the "eDataSecurity Management" utility listed in available applications. If "eDataSecurity Management" is not listed, the utility is not available for your Acer model.

4
Click the "Download" icon, and then select "Save" in the "File Download" window. Click "Desktop" in the "Save As" window, and select "Save." Allow the zip file to save to your desktop. The application could take several minutes to download depending upon your connection speed.

5
Double-click to open the downloaded zip file. Click the "Setup.exe" file inside.

6
Click "Yes" when prompted by Windows Explorer to allow eDataSecurity Management to make changes to your computer. The program will install.

7
Enter an eDataSecurity user name and password into the corresponding fields in the "Initialize Supervisor Password" screen when prompted. Click "Next."

8
Enter a password in the "Password" field in the "File Encryption" window. Click "OK." Enter another password in the "File Decryption" password field, and then click "OK." The Acer eDataSecurity Management application is now ready to use.

I'm not sure if the program has motherboard restrictions or not. But, if that is the case, we can trick your motherboard and Windows OS into thinking it's an Acer.
 
Last edited:
I got this error during the install process. "You must install Acer Empowering Technology Framework first"
 
Visit this site and download the Framework associated with your previous model and try the install again.

If you get an error during the Framework install, please allow me time to research how to decrypt those kind of files or wait for assistance from someone else.
 
Last edited:
If you can find other ways to decrypt it that would be wonderful. If i click the link to download it says no such file or directory. I will try to find anyone who has an Acer with this program and try to get them to decrypt it for me but that will take some time. If you do find other methods to decrypt please notify me immediately. Thanks for all you help once again.
 
What is the the model of your previous Acer?
Since you can't download it from the site, I may be able to get it for you and upload it to my personal collection.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top