I don't like my ISP :'(

1238275701.png


Mine is sad because, just 3 days ago I had 32Mbps. But now it's free so I can't complain.
 
I actually can't get a new ISP and the worst part is my current ISP offers up to 12mega down or so I believe. The problem is that I live out in the sticks. There is only 200 people in this small town. So small, in fact, we don't have a postman that runs. We are required to rent a PO Box. My ISP had to run a new line just to install service and router it to a new box lol. All this just to give me 3mg down haha.

The only thing that really frustrates me about this ISP is they do not allow third-party modems. They have the connections blocked to where you can only use the modems they provide and I have a lot faster modem than the one they are willing to provide me.

I wish ATT would make it out this way. =/
 
At home i get 2.5Mb/s down .5up

shut yer yap


ATT DSL, it is slow, but reliable
 
At home i get 2.5Mb/s down .5up

shut yer yap


ATT DSL, it is slow, but reliable

Yeah after posting this I don't feel as bad now. With speeds getting higher and higher, I will feeling left out and behind haha. Seeing so many others around the 3mb mark I don't feel as bad about my speed anymore.
 
I actually can't get a new ISP and the worst part is my current ISP offers up to 12mega down or so I believe. The problem is that I live out in the sticks. There is only 200 people in this small town. So small, in fact, we don't have a postman that runs. We are required to rent a PO Box. My ISP had to run a new line just to install service and router it to a new box lol. All this just to give me 3mg down haha.

The only thing that really frustrates me about this ISP is they do not allow third-party modems. They have the connections blocked to where you can only use the modems they provide and I have a lot faster modem than the one they are willing to provide me.

I wish ATT would make it out this way. =/

And I thought my town was bad...

... we at least have a postman.
 


I'm even worse, we only got 2 megabytes of internet for 5 comps, 2 who game, one who watches video all day, one who likes to have 10 webpages open at once and up all the time, and one who is a normal person.
 


I'm even worse, we only got 2 megabytes of internet for 5 comps, 2 who game, one who watches video all day, one who likes to have 10 webpages open at once and up all the time, and one who is a normal person.

ROFL! Nice. How do 2 people in game with that much bandwidth being split up? Seems like it wouldn't even be possible!!



Oh and to Mr. Game, it is a pretty boring place here. Even before the economy went bad this town didn't have a postman. I don't think it has ever had one. At least we are located a block away from it, so when the weather is nice it gives me an extra to get outside and walk around haha!
 
That's bad, dude. No offense.

If it makes you feel any better, Comcast has us on economics, charged us for their 6GB/s package and - for nearly a decade, continued to lie, charge us, and told us our sluggish speeds were due to us living in a crappy area. We have 1MB/s capped download and something like... 0.25 up. :| They stopped charging us for that package since then, but... ugh.
 
Exactly how much difference does wireless do to wired while gaming? I might be buying a 40m ethernet cable but I don't know if it is worth it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top